QuickBooks has powerful features like payment reminders, invoice tracking. You have quick access to a large number of reports. The ease of navigation allows you to use this software. Though QuickBooks is the finest software designed for accounting purposes, at the same time it cannot be denied that it is affected by certain errors. QuickBooks error 6150 is one such error that affects working on QuickBooks company files.
What is QuickBooks Error 6150?
QuickBooks can have errors. One prominent error is QuickBooks Error 6150. If you witness error 6150 in your QuickBooks desktop, it must be probably because your company file could have issues that need repair. Well, when analysed it is found that QuickBooks error 6150 comes up due to damage in the qBW file, thus it is always recommended that you backup the company file.
|Warning||We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.|
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006).
What are the main causes that result in QuickBooks error 6150?
- Probably QBW or the company file is damaged.
- So, first you need to create a portable backup file.
- QuickBooks installation may be damaged or corrupt.
- You are opening a portable file without opening QuickBooks.
- Maybe the extension of the QuickBooks file is typed incorrectly or is damaged.
- While using QuickBooks for windows, you may be trying to save ‘QuickBooks Macintosh file’.
- Company file is infected by a virus.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 6150?
- It flashes a message stating ‘Error 6150 and 1006’.
- You may not be able to file a company file.
- QuickBooks error codes 6150 – Troubleshooting Steps
- In this article we are going to tell you about various ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6150.
Ways to fix QuickBooks error 6150
In this article we are going to tell you about various ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6150.
Method 1: Restore back-up
- First you have to navigate to QuickBooks.
- Click on file.
- Choose open or restore company.
- Then, choose local back-up and click on it.
- From ‘Look in’ drop down, choose the company file back-up.
- Click on back-up and it should have .qbb extension.
- Now, click on open.
- Enter a new company in the file name.
- Make sure that save as filed should be automatically saved to restore file in .qbw format.
- Then select yes.
- Finally type on yes, so as to confirm overwrite process.
Method 2: Creating ‘New QuickBooks Desktop file from beginning.:
- First, you have to open QuickBooks desktop.
- Then go to ‘No company open window and make new company.
- Go to QuickBooks setup window and fill in the requested information.
- Select ‘Create a company’.
- Now start with COA and services etc.
Method 3: Getting back the lost data from ‘QuickBooks Auto recovery’ method.
- First, you have to make the lost transactions by selecting ‘transaction log file’ and a copy company file.
- Recreate the complete data except for last few hours of transactions in company file and transactions log file.
Method 4: Checking for Cryptowall
- To start, reach the window start menu.
- In the search bar, type Explorer.
- Next, reach the file explorer.
- In the C: Drive find the QuickBooks folder.Look for the file having the words like- decrypt or instructions (.txt or .html)
Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
Method 5: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- For using QuickBooks file doctor tool, you need to first launch QuickBooks tool hub in your system. So to begin with,
- Download and install QuickBooks tool hub.
- Once the installation completes, open QuickBooks tool hub from the desktop.
- Select Company file issues.Run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Method 6: Cleaning in the virus
- Move ahead to check the System antivirus, followed by updating antivirus programs like Mcafee.
- Once the antivirus is activated scan the system.
QuickBooks error 6150 which happens due to corrupted company files or due to existence of crypto wall virus can be resolved by restoring the backup of the company file. You can also recover the lost data with the help of QuickBooks auto data recovery.
Hopefully, these methods are helpful in fixing the error 6150 and if this error is still persistent. You don’t have to worry. QBSsolved is always here to assist you in your queries. You can contact our team of experts at +1(888) 910 1619 and they wil be happy to assist you in your issues.