QuickBooks has powerful features like payment reminders, invoice tracking. You have quick access to a large number of reports. The ease of navigation allows you to use this software. But
QuickBooks can have errors. One prominent error is Error 6150. If you witness error 6150 in your QuickBooks desktop, it must be probably because your company file could have issues that need repair. Here in this article QBSsolved will help you in fixing the issues which arise due to error 6150. Before moving further, we will introduce you to the causes for this error.
Why does error 6150 happen?
- The Few reasons for occurrence of this error are:
- Probably QBW or the company file is damaged.
- So, first you need to create a portable backup file.
- QuickBooks installation may be damaged or corrupt.
- You are opening a portable file without opening QuickBooks.
- Maybe the extension of the QuickBooks file is typed incorrectly or is damaged.
- While using QuickBooks for windows, you may be trying to save ‘QuickBooks Macintosh file’.
- Company file is infected by a virus.
Symptoms of Error 6150:
- It flashes a message stating ‘Error 6150 and 1006’.
- You may not be able to file a company file.
QuickBooks error codes 6150 – Troubleshooting Steps
In this article we are going to tell you about various ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6150.
Method 1: Restore back-up
- First you have to navigate to QuickBooks.
- Click on file.
- Choose open or restore company.
- Then, choose local back-up and click on it.
- From ‘Look in’ drop down, choose the company file back-up.
- Click on back-up and it should have .qbb extension.
- Now, click on open.
- Enter a new company in the file name.
- Make sure that save as filed should be automatically saved to restore file in .qbw format.
- Then select yes.
- Finally type on yes, so as to confirm overwrite process.
Method2 Creating ‘New QuickBooks Desktop file from beginning.:
- First, you have to open QuickBooks desktop.
- Then go to ‘No company open window and make new company.
- Go to QuickBooks setup window and fill in the requested information.
- Select ‘Create a company’.
- Now start with COA and services etc.
Method3: Getting back the lost data from ‘QuickBooks Auto recovery’ method.
- First, you have to make the lost transactions by selecting ‘transaction log file’ and a copy company file.
- Recreate the complete data except for last few hours of transactions in company file and transactions log file.
QuickBooks error 6150 which happens due to corrupted company files or due to existence of crypto wall virus can be resolved by restoring the backup of the company file. You can also recover the lost data with the help of QuickBooks auto data recovery.
Hopefully, these methods are helpful in fixing the error 6150 and if this error is still persistent. You don’t have to worry. QBSsolved is always here to assist you in your queries. You can contact our team of experts at +1 (888) 910 1619 and they wil be happy to assist you in your issues.