Error 6073 can be fixed by any of the below-mentioned methods:
Solution1: Downloading QuickBooks file doctor and run it.
- Once the download is complete it, install it on your computer.
- Then, run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- This may take some time, depending on the size of the file.
- It will recognize the issue and fix it.
- First you need to download QuickBooks file doctor application.
Solution 2: Resolving Error 6073 manually.
Case 1: If company file already open in another workstation in single user mode.
- In this scenario, you can go for this troubleshooting:
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks desktop in all the computers.
- In host computer, open your company file.
- Reach to the ‘file menu’ and then select ‘switch to multi-user mode’.
- If you still get the same issue, reboot your workstation.
Case 2: If your company file is opened in single user mode in the host device.
- Navigate to the ‘File menu’ and select the option of ‘Close the company’.
- Now, you have to reopen the company file.
- Again, to the ‘file menu’ and click on the next button.
- Select your company file.
- Make sure to select the file in multi-user mode and then click on it to open it.
Case3 : If company file is located in the read only network folder.
- In this case, you will have to first go to the computer system in which your company file is being hosted.
- Browse it and then you have to open the folder in which company file is present.
- Make a right click on the folder and then choose properties.
- Then navigate to the Security tab.
- In security tab, select the user, which is having issue in logging in to file.
- Then go to “Edit’ it option.
- Check mark the box of ‘allow’ tab to access full control.
- Click on apply to save changes and then select OK to save these changes
Case 4: If the PC is remotely accessed via LogMeln, GoToMyPC etc.
- First you have to right click on the taskbar and then select the Task manager.
- Go to the processes tab now.
- Next, you have to check if the process is running under the user name from which you are facing the issue.
- You need to restart the PC if you have a process under that user name.
With this, the process of troubleshooting for error 6073 is completed. In almost all the scenarios, these solutions will help you to fix the issue. But if you still face any issue. You can contact QBSsolved at +1 (888)910 1619 and our team of experts will help you in fixing your issues.