QuickBooks has provided its users with the amazing features like making payments, payroll services, creating invoices etc. It also helps you with the transactions recorded with your bank. Despite being highly innovative, it is not completely free from errors. One of the errors which is usually encountered by its users is QuickBooks Banking Error 102.
What are the causes for the occurrence of QuickBooks Banking Error 102?
- The error 102 can occur due to the any of the given reasons:
There is some technical glitch with the bank’s website.
- Bank’s website is under maintenance.
- There is some issue with the server in transferring the data between the Banks’ website and QBO.
In order to fix the Error code 102, you can try these troubleshooting:
Method 1: Checking for QuickBooks online account updates.
- If your bank’s or credit card’s site are not under maintenance then you will have to manually update the details of your account in QuickBooks online. It can be done by:
Clicking on the Update now button from the help menu in the QuickBooks.
- You should at least try these manual updates at the hours when the bank’s website is not busy.
- Some accounts may require manual updates. For this:
You have to first reach the “menu” which is present at the left corner of your screen.
- From here you have to select the option of “banking”.
- If you want to update only selected accounts, then you have to select the tab of ‘Clear unwanted accounts’.
- Now you have to choose the ‘Update now’ option.
- If prompted, you will have to provide your MFA(Multi-factor Authentication) and then make a click on Continue to get the update details.
Method 2: Checking for your details
- By using the URL which is provided by your bank, you need to login to your bank’s account. If anyhow you fail to connect with your bank, then you need to follow these steps:
- Click on the Menu in QuickBooks and then choose the option of Banking.
- Now, you have to click on the option of Add account and here you have to find the name of your bank.
- You need to choose your bank from the list.
- Now, enter your user id/ login id for the bank’s website and click Continue.
- Now, you have to click on the symbol of your bank to the left of your account to connect it and then from the drop down you have to choose your bank type or credit card.
- If you are already having an existing account, then you will get an option of Add+New to make a new account.
- Now QuickBooks will download the online transactions for the last 90 days and also it will download your banking and cc transactions overnight.
- You have to now select the option of Connect and this may take upto few minutes. Once this is done you will reach the Banking page automatically.
- You can see the transactions that were downloaded from your bank in the review tab.
Method 3: Reading all the account information or notifications.
If you are logged in, you can read messages, see the notifications or warnings that you might have received from your bank.
Method 4: Wait for bank’s action
If you are still encountering this error, then you should wait for some time and let the bank work on it. There might be some issue which is to be fixed by bank.
QuickBooks banking error 102 which appears when there is some technical glitch in the bank’s website or when there are some issues in the server in transferring data can be rectified by checking your details on the bank’s site or you have to wait for the bank’s reaction till the server resumes.