QuickBooks has provided its users with the amazing features like making payments, payroll services, creating invoices etc. It also helps you with the transactions recorded with your bank. Despite being highly innovative, it is not completely free from errors. One of the errors which is usually encountered by its users is QuickBooks Banking Error 102.
What is QuickBooks Banking Error 102?
Despite high technical advancements, Quickbooks tend to face certain technical errors and Error 102 and 105 in QuickBooks are among the most common tech glitches that can be manually rectified. These errors can be witnessed when you are using QuickBooks Online or Self-employed. It is a banking error that can arise when there are issues with the bank’s website such as technical faults, server issues or the website is under maintenance. There is yet another issue such as difficulties in transferring data between the bank’s website and QuickBooks. Here are a few troubleshooting methods that can be followed to eliminate QuickBooks Banking Error 102.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Banking Error 102?
QuickBooks banking error 105 and 102 usually occurs when there are problems from your financial institution’s end. The most common reason is website maintenance or server issues. The few most common causes for error are:
- The error 102 can occur due to the any of the given reasons:
There is some technical glitch with the bank’s website.
- Bank’s website is under maintenance.
- There is some issue with the server in transferring the data between the Banks’ website and QBO.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Banking Error 102
Whenever any error occurs in software, it starts warning the users with the help of certain signs. Here are a few common symptoms that will help you in identifying the QuickBooks banking error 102 at the earliest.
- The system responds sluggishly to the inputs
- Frequent crashing if the symptoms
- The Screen would often turn blue
- Difficulty in shutting down or starting up the windows
- Lockups in indicator of program
How to avoid QuickBooks Banking Error 102
Before reaching the troubleshooting methods, let’s check out a few things that you need to remember to avoid the QuickBooks banking errors 105, and 102.
- Processor: 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internet: Good Connectivity
- CD ROM: 4x CD ROM Drive
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and above
In order to fix the QuickBooks Banking Error 102 Code, you can try these troubleshooting:
4 easy steps To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 102
QuickBooks banking error 102 occurs when your bank’s website is having some technical glitch. How can Banking Error 102 be fixed. these are easy steps to resolve the 102 error.
Method 1: Checking for QuickBooks online account updates.
- If your bank’s or credit card’s site are not under maintenance then you will have to manually update the details of your account in QuickBooks online. It can be done by:
Clicking on the Update now button from the help menu in the QuickBooks.
- You should at least try these manual updates at the hours when the bank’s website is not busy.
QuickBooks Banking Error 102 Code: Manual updates
- Some accounts may require manual updates. For this:
You have to first reach the “menu” which is present at the left corner of your screen.
- From here you have to select the option of “banking”.
- If you want to update only selected accounts, then you have to select the tab of ‘Clear unwanted accounts’.
- Now you have to choose the ‘Update now’ option.
- If prompted, you will have to provide your MFA(Multi-factor Authentication) and then make a click on Continue to get the update details.
Method 2: Checking for your details
- By using the URL which is provided by your bank, you need to login to your bank’s account. If anyhow you fail to connect with your bank, then you need to follow these steps:
- Click on the Menu in QuickBooks and then choose the option of Banking.
- Now, you have to click on the option of Add account and here you have to find the name of your bank.
- You need to choose your bank from the list.
- Now, enter your user id/ login id for the bank’s website and click Continue.
- Now, you have to click on the symbol of your bank to the left of your account to connect it and then from the drop down you have to choose your bank type or credit card.
- If you are already having an existing account, then you will get an option of Add+New to make a new account.
- Now QuickBooks will download the online transactions for the last 90 days and also it will download your banking and cc transactions overnight.
- You have to now select the option of Connect and this may take upto few minutes. Once this is done you will reach the Banking page automatically.
- You can see the transactions that were downloaded from your bank in the review tab.
Method 3: Reading all the account information or notifications.
If you are logged in, you can read messages, see the notifications or warnings that you might have received from your bank.
Method 4: Wait for bank’s action
If you are still encountering this error, then you should wait for some time and let the bank work on it. There might be some issue which is to be fixed by bank.
QuickBooks banking error 102 which appears when there is some technical glitch in the bank’s website or when there are some issues in the server in transferring data can be rectified by checking your details on the bank’s site or you have to wait for the bank’s reaction till the server resumes.