QuickBooks is prone to certain errors and glitches at times and these errors can result in the disturbance in your work. QuickBooks BEX error is one such error that can cause disruptions in your working with the Quickbooks. This error can be extremely harmful as it can damage your QuickBooks files. Here in this article we discuss QuickBooks BEX error and also work on the solutions to resolve this error. Let us take a look into the article.
What is QuickBooks BEX error?
QuickBooks Desktop BEX error is that it obstructs QuickBooks users when a program tries to store an excessive amount of data on a memory block. BEX is an abbreviation for Buffer Overflow Exception. With the occurrence of this error, you will see an error message and your QuickBooks operations will halt. If unable to fix this error by solution then for QuickBooks support contact at +1(888) 910 1619.
Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
What are the things to remember before resolving QuickBooks BEX error?
Before moving ahead to fix QuickBooks BEX error, you should remember these points:
- Make sure that the company file name should not be longer than 35 characters. If it is so, you must change it.
- Ensure that you are not using QuickBooks desktop 2014 or older versions as windows 10 does not support these versions of Quickbooks. If you are still using an older version then you should update it.
- You must exclude QuickBooks from antivirus and firewall lists.
- If the QuickBooks installation is broken,you must use QuickBooks clean install tool for reinstalling Quickbooks.
- A lot of QuickBooks issues can be resolved by updating the Quickbooks, so you must update QuickBooks to fix QuickBooks BEX error.
- Windows Operating systems should be updated frequently.
What are the methods to get rid of QuickBooks BEX error?
Here are some of the methods to get QuickBooks BEX error resolved:
Solution 1: Updating Windows Operating System
- If your windows OS is not updated, then you must update windows OS. For updating the windows operating system:
- Move to the windows start menu and search for the update option.
- Moving ahead, you are required to reach the windows update option and look for windows update.
- In the update window, move to search for the update option.
- Once this process is done you need to move ahead to download updates and get it installed in the system.
- Now, you must restart the QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks BEX is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Using QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is used consequently for rectifying installation related issues. This tool recognizes damaged installation related files and repairs them. Further, it also helps in fixing issues related with Microsoft components like .NET framework and MSXML.
- To start with, download QuickBooks tool hub in your system.
- Install the tool using the steps mentioned on screen.
- Now, from the desktop, move ahead to open the tool hub.
- From the Quickboks tool hub window, choose the installation issues tab.
- This will begin the process to diagnose and fix QuickBooks installation related issues.
- Once the process is concluded, you need to restart the system.
- And, relaunch QuickBooks desktop and check if the QuickBooks BEX error is fixed or not.
Solution 3. Manually repairing Microsoft components.
- Follow the instructions to repair the Microsoft components like MSXML, NET framework and C++ manually:
- Move to the control panel from the start menu.
- From here, go to the programs and features option.
- Proceed to the tab of uninstall a program and then to the windows features.
- Herein you have to go to the .NET framework 3.5 and you should enable the same.
- For repairing MSXML
- Move to the start option from the desktop and type cmd here.
- Ensure to launch the command prompt as admin. For this right click the cmd and opt for run as admin option.
- In the command prompt window which appears, type cd\windows\syswow64.
- Also, you need to write regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press enter,
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks error 6177 permanently
Method 4: Repair QuickBooks user files
Since QuickBooks BEX error can also occur due to damaged QuickBooks user files. Thus, renaming this file can help in resolving this error. For this:
- Move to the option of File Explorer from the start menu and navigate to the path:
- C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\Quickbooks”
- Once you see the QuickBooks folder and look for QBWUSER.ini file
- Now, you should right click the file and proceed to the rename option.
- In the name of the file, you can add. old at the end.
- Once the file is renamed, check if the QuickBooks BEX is fixed or not.
In the article, I have tried to cover all the aspects and solutions for QuickBooks BEX error. If you see that the error is still bothering you, feel free to connect with the experts by calling QuickBooks Support at +1(888) 910 1619.