Technical innovations are an integral part of modern-day life, especially for those who are managing their businesses and professional grounds. If you are a user of QuickBooks then you might get acquainted with quite QuickBooks errors, and one such common glitch is QuickBooks Online Error 101 . Let’s check out what exactly this error is about, and what are the potential solutions to resolve the error.
What is QuickBooks Online Error 101
QuickBooks Online Error 101 is a banking error that emerges when a window fails to complete the required command, launched to run an application. Generally, a QB Banking error is witnessed while a transaction is imported to QuickBooks online. Receiving this error means that you may fail to link your bank account or import banking transactions to QuickBooks Online. There are many reasons that can evoke the error and one of the primary reasons can be the downfall during the maintenance of the Bank’s server. There are many other reasons for QuickBooks Banking error 101 and the blog discusses the potential troubleshooting solutions to rectify the error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Online Error 101
When QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101 occurs, windows fail to carry the required command, that is launched to run an application. While you send an action a pop up of error 101 will be displayed on the screen.
Causes for QuickBooks Online Error 101
To solve any issue, it is crucial to understand the cause of its emergence. Once you get to hold onto the bone of contention, it becomes easier to plan the right course of action. Here is a list of potential reasons that are the cause of QuickBooks banking error 101.
- The error code emerges when the Firewall stops QuickBooks from accessing the server.
- The bank’s server under maintenance is yet another reason for the connection failure.
- Internet Explorer settings can also promote QuickBooks error 101 if they stand unfavourable to the software.
- Outdated version of ActiveX, .NET Framework, or Java.
How to resolve QuickBooks Online Error 101?
QuickBooks Online Error 101 is a common issue that emerges during bank transactions into QB Online. A popup will be displayed on your screen instructing you to hold up to 24hours. A buffer of one day is kept to ensure the execution of any maintenance program that is being run on the bank’s server. In case the QB online error 101 continues after a day, you can fix it yourself using the following troubleshooting instructions.
Solution 1: Internet Connection Modification
If you want to link QuickBooks to your bank’s server it is important to build a connection between them, through accurate internet settings. For executing smooth transactions, the link should be unhampered and stable.
- Open QuickBooks
- Click on the Help tab
- Next, select “Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Settings, and click on next.
- After this hit on the ‘finish’ tab to apply the changes.
- The next step is to update the bank feeds and if QuickBooks error 101 still exists try, the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 2: Make sure that Internet Connection is Stable
Since internet connection is the mode of a link between the bank server and QuickBooks application you must ensure that the connection is stable for unhindered processing. Here are the steps that can be used to establish a stable internet connection.
- Launch Internet Explorer and search for a safe website. If you fail to connect try fixing the connectivity issues.
- If QuickBooks error 101 continues even after fixing the connectivity issues, then you must move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Alter Restrictive Settings of Your Internet Security Application
There are chances that the restrictive setting of your security application is obstructing the performance of QuickBooks leading to QB banking error 101. Follow this troubleshooting procedure to rectify internet security applications blocking Intuit domains.
- Add Intuit-related domains in QuickBooks.
- The next important step is, exempt these sites from the restriction filter of your Internet security
Solution 4: Manually Updating QuickBooks Online
If other procedures have not been too fruitful, you can try rectifying the QuickBooks error 101, by manual transaction in QuickBooks Online. Sometimes due to technical glitches software starts responding slow to a command. Follow the mentioned procedure carefully.
- Open QuickBooks Online
- Click in the Banking section.
- Update and process the online banking transactions manually
- Finish the process by hitting OK.
Now that you have tried all the troubleshooting procedures for QuickBooks Online Error 101, and nothing has been in your favour. You must get professional help for rectifying QB errors. While you are executing these steps make sure you are careful with every click. Even after trying everything, if the error continues, you must know that there is a technical issue that needs to be corrected. Connecting immediately with the experts can help you keep away from further complications