Intuit has designed multitudinous featured software QuickBooks that has resolved complications that you can face while performing accounting and finance tasks related to account and finances of the businesses. However working on QuickBooks might be hindered by certain errors like QuickBooks error code 15102. This is an error that comes up when you try to update the QuickBooks or payroll services in QuickBooks. This article shall prove helpful in understanding more about QuickBooks payroll update error 15102.
What is QuickBooks Error 15102?
QuickBooks error 15102 is an update error in QuickBooks that is encountered while updating the QuickBooks payroll. There can be different root causes for the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 15102. Also there are several symptoms of this error 15102 in QuickBooks. With the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 15102, you will see an error message stating “Error 15102: Failed to reset update”. For technical assistance and get it solved from professional QuickBooks Error support team at 1-888-910-1619.
Reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 15102
- QuickBooks being used in multi-user mode in a terminal services environment can result in the Error 15102.
- Shared download option might be enabled and download URL might be invalid causing this error to come up.
- You might not be logged in as window administrator or you are not using the QuickBooks application as administrator.
- The QuickBooks version which you are using is not the recent version and this might result in error 15102.
How to recognize the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code 15102?
- You will see the error message 15102 on the screen while updating the payroll.
- You will not be able to download the QuickBooks payroll subscription.
- QuickBooks might freeze at times.
- The system might respond in a slow manner to the inputs from mouse and keyboard.
Also Read: How to Get QuickBooks Error 1321 Fixed
What are the ways to get QuickBooks error 15102 resolved?
Solution 1: Enabling single user mode
- To start with, you should first log out all the users from the network using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Now, you have to launch QuickBooks that are having issues with the payroll updates on the computer.
- Once the QuickBooks is opened, move to the file menu followed by choosing “Switch to Single-user mode”.
- Now, you should try to update the QuickBooks payroll.
Solution 2: Check shared document’s location
It is necessary to enable the shared location for successfully updating the QuickBooks payroll. Here are the steps to enable shared location:
- Open the QuickBooks and hover to the help tab, once this is done, go to the product information which you can find by pressing F2 key.
- Now you can observe the location where the downloaded files are saved.
- Now, go back to the QuickBooks’ help menu and select the update QuickBooks.
- Next, you have to double- check the download location from the options tab.
- If you see the location is not correct, you need to edit it and select the “Yes for Shared Download”.
- Click Save.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 95
Solution 3: Using New Drive Letter to Map the Drive
- To start with, ensure that you have exited Quickbooks.
- Next you have to map your drive to a new drive letter.
- Now, you have to open the company file by moving to the mapped drive.
- Now, reach the help menu and move to the update Quickbooks.
- Select options tab.
- You should now disable the shared download from the settings tab and once again, you need to enable it.
- You must verify that the download location is using a mapped drive letter.
- Click save and exit the Quickbooks.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 4120
Solution 4: To fix Error 15102, login as admin
- Initially, you have to switch user options from the start menu.
- Now , you need to pick the account with the administrative privileges.
- Now, you should use the admin account to login.
- Right click on QuickBooks icon followed by choosing Run as Administrator.
Solution 5: Update QuickBooks payroll in safe mode
You must switch your system in safe mode and this will help you to update QuickBooks payroll without any error. For this:
- Restart the system and keep pressing the F8 key.
- You will see the advanced boot option.
- Alternatively, In the window, you have to type ‘msconfig’.
- From the options, select Safe mode.
- Here you have to select the safe mode with networking option.
- Press Enter.
- And open QuickBooks and launch the option to update QuickBooks payroll.
Also Read: How to resolve QuickBooks error 1402
As a team of professionals, we are 24/7 available to help you to fix your QuickBooks related issues. In case you find it difficult to fix QuickBooks error 15102, connect with the expert of QuickBooks Support QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619.
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Abort Error