QuickBooks being a premium software is used by small and medium-sized businesses for their all accounting needs. QuickBooks offer a great variety of tools that help you in managing payrolls, preparing invoices, bills and payments. All these features make QuickBooks the most trusted software. But QuickBooks is affected by a number of bugs and errors. You should be aware when you encounter errors and QuickBooks error 4120 is one such error.
What is QuickBooks error 4120?
QuickBooks error 4120 comes up with a message that states “ QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down for any further explanation. It is likely to occur when there is some damage in the window registry or when QuickBooks is harmed by some virus or malware.
|Warning||QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down without any further explanation.|
If the operating system is corrupt or any of the QuickBooks desktop components is not stable or working then you can see a list of errors including QuickBooks error 4120. Here are some of the errors:
- QuickBooks error code 1935
- Error related to damaged Microsoft .NET framework.
- Error rising due to damaged MSXML and C++.
- QuickBooks error 1603
What are the causes of QuickBooks error 4120?
- Error 4120 comes up when there is a damage in the windows registry.
- QuickBooks executable files have been marked unsafe by the anti-virus.
- Virus or malware might have harmed some of the QuickBooks files.
- QuickBooks files might have been deleted.
- QuickBooks installation is not complete.
Also Read: How to set up QuickBooks Workforce
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 4120?
Before fixing QuickBooks error 4120, it is important to find some of the symptoms that help you to recognize the occurrence of this error:
- QuickBooks become slow.
- Mouse and keyboard behave in a sluggish manner.
- Computer might get crashed.
- Computer might freeze at times.
How to resolve QuickBooks error 4120?
Solution 1: Checking for system errors.
- You should update all the antivirus and antimalware programs present in the system.
- Once the program gets activated you must perform a full scan of your system.
- Perform an elimination of virus and bugs.
Solution 2: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Install QuickBooks tool hub.
- Open the tool hub.
- Select the company file issues.
- Choose QuickBooks files doctor tool option.
- Run the tool.
Solution 3: Copying company files to another system.
- To begin with, you need to copy all the company related files to another system.
- Check if these files get opened in another system or not.
- If you are able to open the file in another system, then you need to repair the windows of the previous system.
- If the file does not get opened in the new system, then you need to repair the files.
Solution 4: Reinstalling QuickBooks.
- Open the control panel.
- Go to the programs and features option.
- Select QuickBooks and perform its uninstallation.
- Restart the system.
- Repair the windows.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Run Disk Cleanup
- Sometimes runtime errors in QuickBooks can also come up due to very low free space on the system. In this case:
- You should first of all create a backup of the company file and then free some space in the hard drive.
- You must also clear the cache and then reboot the system.
- You should also run the disk cleanup followed by opening the explorer window.
- Proceed to hit a right click on the main directory.
- Finally, you have to click on the Properties option and make a disk cleanup.
Method 6: Repairing and reinstalling Microsoft .NET framework
- Windows 7, Vista and XP
- First, you should close the open applications.
- Reach the windows start menu and now go to the control panel followed by going to Add/remove options.
- Reach the Microsoft .NET framework 4 extended.
- Now, move to the option of change/uninstall.
- Click on remove/repair.
- You will see a wizard window, from here select the repair option.
- Press NEXT and perform the wizard for repairing .NET framework installation.
- Reboot the system.
For windows 8 and 10 :
If you are having windows 8 and 10 users, reach Microsoft . NET framework 4 listed in the programs and features tab. The .NET framework 4.0 is an integral part of Windows 8 operating system features and you should run the Microsoft .NET framework repair tool so as to fix the issue.
Method 7: Downloading windows update
Once you download the updates for windows, it will also install any missing fixes for .NET framework, MSXML and C++ issues. For this follow these steps:
- You have to press windows start option.
- Now, in the search box, type windows update.
- You have to restart the system once the installation is successfully installed.
Some other methods to fix QuickBooks error 4120 :
- You must clear the junk files of your system.
- Perform repair of the windows registry.
- You can also try to undo the recent changes by using Windows system restore.
I am sure that the methods mentioned above were helpful in getting rid of QuickBooks error 4120. If you are still stuck on QuickBooks error, connect with experts at QuickBooks Support QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619.