Are you stuck on QuickBooks error 401 and this error can lead to certain issues in QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 401 can occur due to unauthorized requests in QuickBooks. This error is most likely to occur in the following situations:
- While signing into the company file or accountant tool box.
- While registration during the QuickBooks installation.
- This error can also come up while sending an invoice with the QuickBooks payments.
QuickBooks error comes up with this message stating “The Remote server returned an error:401 unauthorized. Request is unauthorized”.
What are the quick ways to get QuickBooks error 401?
Here are some of the methods which can be used to get rid of QuickBooks error 401:
The first task is to opt for NO and then close the error message.
Step 1: Steps to update the QuickBooks automatically
- For updating QuickBooks to its latest version, you can select automatic updates. This update saves a lot of time. For this:
- Reach the help menu and choose the option of Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reach the update now option and then choose the reset updates box.
- Go to the Get updates option.
- Restart the system and move ahead to accept the option to install the new release.
Step 2: For scheduling automatic updates:
- You can schedule the QuickBooks for a later time according to our comfort and software.
- There are steps that can be followed:
- Reach the help menu and move to update QuickBooks.
- Reach the options and choose yes on turn on automatic updates.
- You are advised to share automatic downloads to other systems.
Also Read: Ways to resolve QuickBooks Error code 6154
Step 3: Setting Manual updates
- If you are not comfortable with the automatic updates. Then you can update the software manually. For this:
- Open the windows and right click the QuickBooks icon.
- Select Run as Admin.
- Move to the help menu and choose no company open window.
- From the options select mark all and proceed to save.
- Move to the update now option and select the reset update checkbox.
- Select Get updates.
To wrap up!!
I believe the methods mentioned above were helpful in getting QuickBooks error 401 resolved.