QuickBooks helps you in managing all the finances and accounts workloads in a systematic way. But there might be times when QuickBooks may encounter several errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6000, 301. This error is quite common in QuickBooks desktop.
QuickBooks Error code -6000, -301: An error occurred
QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 appears when QuickBooks desktop tries to access the company files with the .qbw extensions and the disk space is not sufficient.
What causes QuickBooks Error 6000, 301
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 may have occurred due to damage in the transaction log (.TLG) file.
- Damage in the .ND file.
- Data source name (DSN) file.
- Data company files may be damaged.
- Encryption software may be installed.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301:
Solution 1: Repairing your QuickBooks desktop.
- For repairing QuickBooks, reach the start menu and then open the control panel.
- Now make a click on the Programs tab and reach the Programs and Features tab.
- Now, from the list of programs, choose QuickBooks and click on the uninstall icon.
- Now on the installation windows, go to the radio button, then click on Next and make a click on the repair option.
- Once done, make a click on the Finish icon.
Solution 2: Updating the QuickBooks software.
- Make sure that the Quickbooks is updated to the latest version.
- For updating Quickbooks, go to the help menu of the Quickbooks and then reach the tab of Update now.
- Restart Quickbooks after updates are downloaded.
Solution 3: Renaming the Quickbooks .ND files.
- Open the folder which is having the company file.
- Open the files which are having .tlg, .nd, and .dsu and make a right-click on these files.
- Reach the tab of the rename and proceed further to rename these files with .old.
- Your company data files are rebuilt.
Solution 4: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- First, get the Quickbooks file doctor tool downloaded and then get it installed in your system.
- Quickbooks file doctor tool will automatically detect the problem in Quickbooks and will fix the issue.
Solution 5: Disabling the encryption software.
You have to get in contact with your software merchant for the disabling of the encryption software.
The QuickBooks error 6000, 301 which arises due to damage in the .ND files or data damage can cause this error. This error can be rectified by disabling the encryption software from your software merchant.
Updating QuickBooks can also be of great help in resolving Quickbooks error 6000,301.
I hope this blog helps you in fixing the QuickBooks Error 6000, 301. But, if QuickBooks error 6000, 301 still persists and you are not able to fix it. Reach out to QBS Solved at 1-888-910-1619 and our technical support team will help you in resolving QuickBooks error 6000, 301.