QuickBooks is an accounting software which is being used on a large scale for accounting by various businesses. This software has made the business work smoothly. However, just like other software, QuickBooks encounters many errors and bugs. Error-6083 is one of them. In this blog, we will tell you the causes of this error and also help you to fix this error by simple troubleshooting.
Error 6073 is encountered when a user tries to open a file, which has already been opened by another user.
The possible reasons for happening of Error 6073 are:
- The file is probably open on some other PC in single-user mode.
- File may be located in a read-only network folder.
- The records are being hosted by the Linux server and it may be using multiple login credentials to sign in to a shared folder.
- The document might be accessed through a remote operating system. And the host system may still identify the user as still logged in.
Due to one of the above-mentioned reasons, you may encounter Error- 6073. As a result, it won’t allow you to access the company file. QBS Solved will help you further to assist you and resolve this issue.
What is QuickBooks Error code 6073
Quickbooks error code 6073 is one of the most common errors of Quickbooks. Error: 6073 usually happens when someone opens the company file in the multiuser mode.
What are the causes for occurrence of Quickbooks error 6073?
- The file might be open in another PC in the single user mode.
- The file might be located in the read only network folder.
- The records are being hosted in the Linux server and it might be using multiple login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
- Document might be being accessed using a remote operating system.
QuickBooks Error 6073 -Fixed & Resolve
Error 6073 can be fixed by any of the below-mentioned methods:
Download QuickBooks file doctor and run it.
- Once the download is complete, install it on your computer.
- Then, run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- This may take some time, depending on the size of the file.
- It will recognize the issue and fix it.
- First you need to download the QuickBooks file doctor application.
Resolving QuickBooks Error -6073 manually.
Case 1: If the company file is already open in another workstation in single user mode.
- In this scenario, you can go for this troubleshooting:
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks desktop in all the computers.
- On the host computer, open your company file.
- Reach to the ‘file menu’ and then select ‘switch to multi-user mode’.
- If you still have the same issue, reboot your workstation.
Case 2: If your company file is opened in single user mode in the host device.
- Navigate to the ‘File menu’ and select the option of ‘Close the company’.
- Now, you have to reopen the company file.
- Again, to the ‘file menu’ and click on the next button.
- Select your company file.
- Make sure to select the file in multi-user mode and then click on it to open it.
Case3 : If the company file is located in the read only network folder.
- In this case, you will have to first go to the computer system in which your company file is being hosted.
- Browse it and then you have to open the folder in which the company file is present.
- Make a right click on the folder and then choose properties.
- Then navigate to the Security tab.
- In the security tab, select the user, which is having an issue in logging in to the file.
- Then go to the “Edit’ it option.
- Check mark the box of ‘allow’ tab to access full control.
- Click on apply to save changes and then select OK to save these changes
Case 4: If the PC is remotely accessed via LogMein, GoToMyPC etc.
- First you have to right click on the taskbar and then select the Task manager.
- Go to the processes tab now.
- Next, you have to check if the process is running under the user name from which you are facing the issue.
- You need to restart the PC if you have a process under that user name.
Quickbooks error 6073 happens when the company file has been opened by another user in multi user mode. Error 6073 can be resolved by using the QB file doctor tool. You can try to rename the network data files.
With this, the process of troubleshooting for error 6073 is completed. In almost all the scenarios, these solutions will help you to fix the issue. But if you still face any issue. You can contact QBS Solved at +1 (888)910 1619 and our team of experts will help you in fixing your issues.