QuickBooks enterprise is packed with the most innovative features that aids to growth of the business. QuickBooks is an accounting software which is being used on a large scale for accounting by various businesses. This software has made the business work smoothly. However, just like other software, QuickBooks encounters many errors and bugs. QuickBooks Error 6073 is one of them. In this blog, we will tell you the causes of this error and also help you to fix this error by simple troubleshooting.
What is QuickBooks Error 6073
QuickBooks error 6073 is one of the most common errors of QuickBooks. QuickBooks error code 6073 usually happens when someone opens the company file in the multi-user mode. Error 6073 is encountered when a user tries to open a file, which has already been opened by another user. And, error 6073 would not allow you to access the company file.
|QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…|
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
Causes for occurrence of QuickBooks error 6073
- The file might be open in another PC in the single user mode.
- The file might be located in the read only network folder.
- The records are being hosted in the Linux server and it might be using multiple login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
- Document might be being accessed using a remote operating system.
Due to one of the above-mentioned reasons, you may encounter Error- 6073. As a result, it won’t allow you to access the company file. QBS Solved will help you further to assist you and resolve this issue.
Also read: QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073
Error 6073 can be fixed by any of the below-mentioned methods:
Solution1: Download QuickBooks file doctor and run it.
- Once the download is complete, install it on your computer.
- Then, run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- This may take some time, depending on the size of the file.
- It will recognize the issue and fix it.
- First you need to download the QuickBooks file doctor application.
Also read: QuickBooks Download
Solution 2: Resolving QuickBooks Error 6073 manually.
Case 1: If the company file is already open in another workstation in single user mode.
- In this scenario, you can go for this troubleshooting:
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks desktop in all the computers.
- On the host computer, open your company file.
- Reach to the ‘file menu’ and then select ‘switch to multi-user mode’.
- If you still have the same issue, reboot your workstation.
Case 2: If your company file is opened in single user mode in the host device.
- Navigate to the ‘File menu’ and select the option of ‘Close the company’.
- Now, you have to reopen the company file.
- Again, to the ‘file menu’ and click on the next button.
- Select your company file.
- Make sure to select the file in multi-user mode and then click on it to open it.
Case 3: If the company file is located in the read only network folder.
- In this case, you will have to first go to the computer system in which your company file is being hosted.
- Browse it and then you have to open the folder in which the company file is present.
- Make a right click on the folder and then choose properties.
- Then navigate to the Security tab.
- In the security tab, select the user, which is having an issue in logging in to the file.
- Then go to the “Edit’ it option.
- Check mark the box of ‘allow’ tab to access full control.
- Click on apply to save changes and then select OK to save these changes
Case 4: If the PC is remotely accessed via LogMein, GoToMyPC etc.
- First you have to right click on the taskbar and then select the Task manager.
- Go to the processes tab now.
- Next, you have to check if the process is running under the user name from which you are facing the issue.
- You need to restart the PC if you have a process under that user name.
Quickbooks error 6073 happens when the company file has been opened by another user in multi user mode. Error 6073 can be resolved by using the QB file doctor tool. You can try to rename the network data files.
Also read: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2022
Solution 3: Renaming .ND files.
- Open Window Explorer.
- Find the folder that has the company file.
- Look for files with .ND extensions.
- Right click the file.
- Go to the rename option.
- Rename these files.
Solution 4: Using Quick fix my program to fix QuickBooks error 6073.
- Download QuickBooks tool hub.
- Install QuickBooks tool hub in the system.
- Reach the program problems tab after reaching the QuickBooks.
- Click on Quick fix my program.
- Restart QuickBooks.
With this, the process of troubleshooting for error 6073 is completed. In almost all the scenarios, these solutions will help you to fix the issue. But if you still face any issue. You can contact QBS Solved at +1 (888)910 1619 and our team of experts will help you in fixing your issues.