Quickbooks accounting software is a huge accounting software which is being used worldwide by all small and medium sized businesses. But, like other software, Quickbooks may encounter some of the issues due to technical glitch or errors. One such error is Quickbooks Error 6073 and it is usually seen when you try to open the company file in the multi-user mode.
What is QuickBooks Error code 6073
Quickbooks error code 6073 is one of the most common errors of Quickbooks. Error: 6073 usually happens when someone opens the company file in the multiuser mode.
What are the causes for occurrence of Quickbooks error 6073?
- The file might be open in another PC in the single user mode.
- The file might be located in the read only network folder.
- The records are being hosted in the Linux server and it might be using multiple login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
- Document might be being accessed using a remote operating system.
What can be done to fix QuickBooks Error 6073?
Quickbooks Error 6073 can damage your data and can be quite annoying. So, it becomes important that you fix the Quickbooks error 6073 as soon as you see it. Let us see some of the solutions to fix Quickbooks error 6073:
Solution 1: Manually fixing Quickbooks error 6073.
- First of all, close the Quickbooks in all the computers.
- Now you have to open the company file on the host computer.
- Next, you have to switch to multi-user mode from the help menu of the Quickbooks.
- If you are still facing the same issue, then you need to reboot all the workstations.
When the company file is open in single user mode in the host computer:
- In the file menu of QuickBooks, select the option of Close Company.
- Next, you need to open the company file again.
- And, from the file menu of the QuickBooks, select the open or restore company option.
- Now you have to open a company file and click on Next.
- Select the company file and select the option to open the company file in multi user mode.
Solution 2: Using the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Download QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Install this tool and run the tool.
- QuickBooks file doctor tool will repair the issues in the company file.
Hopefully, QuickBooks Error 6073 is now resolved. For more help to resolve QuickBooks Error 6073, you can reach out to QBS Solved at 1-888-910-1619 and our technical support team will help you in resolving QuickBooks Error 6073.