QuickBooks software is provided by Intuit that has desktop and accounting applications and also the cloud based application that allows you to process bills and business payments. Ease of using QuickBooks has made it the most reliable accounting software. But sometimes this working can be hindered by errors like QuickBooks error 6000, 832 that typically lands due to corrupted or damaged company files.
What is QuickBooks error 6000, 832?
QuickBooks error 6000, 832 is an error that typically belongs to the 6000 series error of Quickbooks. This error comes up due to a damaged company file in QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 6000, 832 is a technical snag that would not allow you to use or access the company files.
What results in QuickBooks error 6000, 832?
There can be plenty of reasons that are suggested to result in the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6000, 832 and corrupted damage in the QuickBooks. Some other reasons for this error are listed below:
- Company files may be opened on other workstations.
- Company files would have been hosted using different workstations.
- QuickBooks installation files could be missing.
- Permissions for Network server may not be provided.
- Work might be done on Non-US or Canadian edition of windows.
- Wrong file extension may be used.
- QuickBooks files may be inaccessible due to antivirus.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 832
- It is a runtime error, so it happens without warning.
- It can come up any time on the screen and again and again, if not addressed on time.
- New file may appear.
- Existing files may get deleted.
- Sudden fall in the internet connection can be witnessed.
- It may look like a virus infection.
Read More: Ways to repair QuickBooks Error 832
How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 832?
Method 1: Modifying Name of .ND and .TLG file.
- You must locate the folder that contains the company file.
- Open the file.
- Secondly, you should look for the files having the extension .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Individually, right-click each file.
- Select the option of rename.
- Moving ahead, rename the file by adding .OLD with the new name of the file.
- Post this step, try to open QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks error 6000, 832 is fixed. If the error 6000, 832 is still bothering you, move to the next step.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks database server manager.
- Open the windows start menu.
- Select all programs.
- Look for QuickBooks and then open QuickBooks database server manager.
- Click on Scan folder and if you do not see any folder, you must make a click on add folder.
- Along with QuickBooks, also login to the company file using admin ID and password.
Read More: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15276
Method 3: Updating QuickBooks to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 832
- Close QuickBooks if it is opened.
- Move to the QuickBooks again and make a right-click on it.
- Select the option of Run as admin.
- Move to the no company screen.
- Go to the help menu and then update the QuickBooks by selecting Update Quickbooks.
- Click on Mark all checkboxes from the options.
- Click Save and then choose Update now.
- Click on the reset update box.
- Install the update once these updates get downloaded.
Method 4: Checking for permissions
- To begin with you should move to the QuickBooks folder consisting of the company file.
- Now, right-click the folder and move to the properties tab.
- Reach the advanced option and then make a click on it.
- Select QBDataServiceUserXX and then reach the Edit option .
Set the permissions by following these settings:
- Read Attributes.
- Write attributes.
- Create folder/Append data
- Read permissions
- Write extended Attributes.
- Read extended attributes.
- Traverse folder/ execute file.
If these permissions are not accurate, then:
- Right click the folder having the QuickBooks company file.
- Move to properties followed by the Security tab.
- Select the Edit option and choose QBDataserviceUserXX and then select full control in order to give access.
- Click OK after applying the changes.
Method 5: Verifying hosting on All Systems to be turned off.
- Press F2 from the keyboard and you will see the information window.
- Click on the option of Local server.
- You need to verify that the hosting is switched off.
Method 6: Opening the Sample company file.
- Move to QuickBooks icon and right click the icon.
- Go to the ctrl key and hold it.
- Select the Run as Administrator.
- Once you see the no company window, leave the Ctrl key.
- Open the sample company file.
Method 7: Stop multi user access hosting.
- Turn on the QuickBooks desktop.
- Move to the file menu and select the utility option.
- Select the Stop hosting Multi-use access.
- You will see the option to stop hosting multi-use access from another workstation.
Method 8: Restoring the backup company file.
- Restoring the backup of the company file can prove helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 6000, 832. For this:
- In this process, you need to open the company file.
- Reach the option of files and then move to the utilities.
- The next step is to reach the stop hosting multi-user access option.
- If you see the message “Company file must be closed”, click Yes.
- Reach to the company file and then copy the path address from the top and your file will be restored.
Method 9: Configure antivirus and firewall
At times QuickBooks files might get blocked by antivirus and firewall. So it is recommended to configure the ports of the firewall and then create an exception for the antivirus program. Once the changes are done, you must check whether QuickBooks error 6000, 832 is resolved or not.
Method 10: Close QuickBooks related processes
- For resolving QuickBooks error 6000, 832 you should try to close all QuickBooks related processes. For this:
- Sign in as admin in the system.
- Now, press ctrl+Shift+Esc at once and you will see the task manager windows.
- You should choose the Show process option that is found in all users under the user tab.
- Select the QuickBooks processes and click the End task option.
- For opening the company file, select the switch to multi-user mode in the file menu of the Quickbooks.
I believe QuickBooks Error 6000, 832 is fixed by using the methods that has been discussed. If you still need expert assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 832, feel free to connect to QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our online support team is available round the clock to help you in fixing QuickBooks error 6000, 832.