QuickBooks error code 1904 can be annoying at times. It can be fixed by this basic troubleshooting. These are some of the ways to fix error 1904:
But before fixing it, keep these factors in mind:
Windows should be updated in all the computers working in multi-user mode.
QuickBooks should be updated in the workstation as well as in the server.
Make sure to refresh the internet and LAN connectivity.
Remember to use QuickBooks in admin mode only.
Solution 1: Running QuickBooks diagnostic tool from the QuickBooks tool hub.
- First, you have to download the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe from the download list and follow on-screen steps to install it.
- And, once the installation is done, open QuickBooks tool hub.
- Then select installation issues from the tool hub and it may take up to 20 minutes.
- Once it is done, restart your system.
Solution2: Fixing windows components manually.
If updating QuickBooks does not fix this error. You can try to fix the error by repairing specific windows components by yourself, but only try this when you are an IT professional.
Solution3: Changing your windows account settings.
1)Switch to an administrator account to bring some changes.
- Open start.
- In the search box, type ‘CMD’ and then run CMD icon, select it and then select run as administrator.
- In the command window, type ‘net user administrator/active:yes’ and then press Enter.
- Once the command is complete, close this window.
- again , open the windows start menu and then sign out.
- Now you wont need a password to sign in again.
2) Changing the permissions.
- Type ‘File explorer’ in the search box after you click on start menu,
- This will show the file explorer, click on the icon to open it.
- Select properties from the command files.
- Then go to security and then Edit.
- Select ‘users’ from the group or user names.
- Turn on the permissions of : modify, read & execute, list folder contents, read-write in the permissions for user tab.
- Then select the option of Apply and at last click on OK.
3) Reinstalling QuickBooks and then signing out.
- When you finish installing Quickbooks then go to the start menu and then sign out of the administrator account.
- Then sign in with user credentials of the usual account.
- Again open windows Start menu.
- Once the search box opens, type “CMD” in it and make a right click on it to run it and then select the option of ‘Run As Administrator’.
- In the command window, you have to type ‘Net user Administrator/active:no and then click on Enter. It will hide your admin account.
Now, you can open QuickBooks with your regular account. However, if the issue still persists. You can reach IT experts of QBSsolved at +1 (888) 910 1619 and they will fix your issues in a hustle-free manner.
QuickBooks software has been developed to help small and medium sized businesses in their accounting work. It helps you in maintaining records, in creating records, generating invoices etc. But few errors sometimes hinder the working of the quickbooks. For instance, error 1904.
What is Error 1904?
QuickBooks Error code-1904 is an installation error, and it is spotted when your system has some damaged or corrupted file.It may also arise due to improper file location. It is encountered when the required components do not synchronize with each other when the operating system is upgraded.
In this article, I will discuss error 1904 and its causes and symptoms. Later, methods to fix this will also be discussed. All the installation errors can be fixed by some very basic troubleshooting.
Reasons for occurence of Error 1904:
- It might arise due to low maintenance of your computer.
- Some components of missing or damaged.
- QuickBooks desktop is not yet updated.
- There are glitches in the hard drive read-write.
- You might not be able to access the company file.
- Any active window may crash.