Intuit has launched frequent updates recently and after which in some cases QuickBooks might stop working and once you try to reinstall you see QuickBooks error 1712. This error comes up while installing QuickBooks on the host computer. QuickBooks error 1712 comes up with the message stating “We’re sorry!! Something went wrong with your installation”.
QuickBooks Error 1712 Description : To restore the computer to a previous point, it requires one or more files or system restoration will not be possible.
Why does QuickBooks error code 1712 appear?
It comes up at the time of installation or uninstallation of any program that needs reboot after the process. This error can occur while updating QuickBooks too.
- Damaged data files in your QuickBooks desktop.
- Some changes that have been made to software within the same computer.
- When you try to install QuickBooks in a damaged or coded folder.
- Some of the malicious software adware, spyware and virus attack.
- There can be some registry errors or corruption in the software.
- An update in QuickBooks can also result in this error.
Quick ways to resolve QuickBooks error 1712:
- Reboot the computer
- End all the QuickBooks related process from the task manager
Some advanced methods to fix QuickBooks error 1712 are:
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks
- Move to the download resources page and select the change icon.
- Choose the option of the product version.
- From the version column select the desired version.
- Now Click on the Download option.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks install Diagnostic tool
- Reach the official intuit site and move ahead to start the process of downloading the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Reach the download page and install the tool.
- Open the tool hub from the desktop.
- From the lists, choose installation issues.
- Select QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- This tool will help you to get the installation issues fixed!
Solution 3: Using Quick fix my program
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- From here, go to the option of program problems.
- Go to the option of Quick Fix my program.
- Now, try to install the QuickBooks again.