QuickBooks is believed to be one of the finest accounting software. But, its proneness to certain errors that can never be denied. QuickBooks error code 1618 is one such error which is encountered frequently by the QuickBooks.
What is error code 1618?
Error code 1618 is usually seen when the user tries to install QuickBooks desktop on his system. This error can also arise when you try to install or update the programs. This error shows up a message- ‘There was a problem installing Microsoft runtime library’. This error can be very annoying and time consuming.
When there are more than one windows installer instances which are running at the same time, this error might pop up. Thus, it becomes very important that you install, update, install and repair the system application.
Symptoms of Error 1618:
- It appears with the runtime library error message.
- The software may continue to freeze.
- Window becomes sluggish.
- When the error appears, the system stops functioning.
What are the causes for occurrence of Error 1618:
- QB installation may be corrupted.
- The process of installation may be incomplete.
- The window registry might be corrupted.
- QuickBooks related files or window system files might get infected due to virus or malware.
- QuickBooks related files may have gotten deleted mistakenly by some malicious program.
What are the various methods to fix QuickBooks error code 1618?
For fixing the error code1618, you can try these basic troubleshooting:
Method 2:Update the version of the windows installer.
- First of all you need to log in as admin.
- Then you will have to check if the windows installer is updated.
- Now, you will have to move on to My computer.
- And, then you have to open C:\WINDOWS\system32 and then right click on the exe file.
- Then you will have to choose the properties and the next task is to go on Version.
- After that you will have all the information which is related to the windows installer’ version.
- Then you need to update the software if there updates are available.
- Then, you need to reboot the system.
Method 2: Create a backup for the windows registry.
- You need to create a backup for the windows registry.
- The very first step is to click on the start tab from the windows taskbar.
- Then you will have to open the run command by pressing the windows+R.
- Now, you have to write regedit and then make a click on OK.
- Now the next step is to go to My computer and then open the file menu and export option.
- Then you will have to select all the options in the export range.
- Once this step is done, you will have to save the registry backup on the desktop and then you have to delete the keys.
Method 3: Close MSIEXEC.EXE running in the background.
- You have to close the MSIEXEC.EXE which must be running in the background.
- Some of the steps involved in this process are:
- First of you have to open the task manager, for this you have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys.
- Then you have to choose the processes tab and then sort this process in the alphabetical order.
- Then you have to choose the MSIEXEC.EXE and then click on the End process option.
- Now, you have to close the Task manager windows and then again try to install the QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 4: Install and run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
Running a QB install diagnostic tool can help you in resolving the issue. This tool is so designed to fix install errors.
- You need to first close all the applications which are opened.
- Then you will have to download the QB tool hub file and you need to save it to some easily accessible location.
- Now, you have to open the Quickbookstoolhub.exe file and then install it by following the onscreen steps.
- Click on the check box of Agree to terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is finished and then make a double click on the icon.
- Now, you have to move to the tool hub and then click on the installation issues.
- And then you have to run the QuickBooks install the diagnostic tool and it will repair the error.
Method 5: Reinstall the Microsoft libraries via the Microsoft visual C++ redistributable package.
- First, you have to download the MS visual C++ redistributable package.
- And then you have to select the package Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redestributable package (x86) for 32-bit computer.
- Then you have to select the Microsoft Visual C++2008 redistributable package (X64) for the 64-bit system.
- Now, you will have to save the downloaded package on the location which is easily accessible.
To wrap up!!
I believe that the above mentioned methods would definitely fix error 1618, if you feel you are stuck somewhere, you can reach out to QBSsolved at +1(888) 910 1619.