QuickBooks is featured to help small and medium sized businesses in their accounting tasks. You can create a company file, generate invoices and pay slips. But errors in QuickBooks can prove harmful for working in QuickBooks. For instance, QuickBooks error 1406, which is encountered in QuickBooks premier solution.
What is QuickBooks error 6160?
When you work on QuickBooks premier solution you may encounter QuickBooks error 6160, which can hamper your workflow as it can completely damage the operating system. Occurrence of this error results in sluggish performance of the system. It may even prevent you from installing QuickBooks.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6160?
- Several add-ons or OLE controls on your browser can cause this error.
- OS configuration may be invalid.
- Shortcuts would have been disabled in your system.
- This error can also be evoked by disabled dependency services on your system.
- The permissions to turn on the software and hardware equipment may be insufficient.
- QuickBooks may be outdated.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks error 6160?
Solution 1: Repairing the Installation.
- The very first step is to close the QuickBooks application, which is open in your system.
- Now, you have to press the Windows and E button simultaneously to open the computer window.
- Now, you have to click on the option of Uninstall/change program.
- From the list of applications, select QuickBooks and opt to uninstall.
- You will be redirected to the QuickBooks installation window.
- Now click on Next and then you have to click on the button which is present against the Repair option.
- Now, you need to click on finish.
- For the installation to come into effect, you need to reboot your system.
Solution 2: Stop hosting multi-user access
- For fixing QuickBooks error 6160, you should stop multi-user access for Quickbooks. For this:
- Open the QuickBooks file.
- Move to the utilities option.
- Select Stop hosting multi-user access option.
- Click Yes on the dialog box.
I’ve elaborated on the issues associated with error 6160. Also, I’ve discussed the resolution to fix this error. If you are unable to resolve this issue, then you can reach out to QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619 Our experts will assist you with the best assistance.