QuickBooks accounting software has made businesses very smooth. Small and medium-sized businesses across countries have been using QuickBooks to manage their finances and accounting tasks. However, working on QuickBooks can be very annoying when it encounters any error. One such error is QuickBooks error 15270. The reason for occurrence of this error can be user account control settings, inactive subscription etc.
The error comes with a message – ‘QuickBooks Desktop Error 15270: Payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file’.
Various reasons for occurrence of this QuickBooks Error 15270 are:
- This may happen when your system is unable to download updates file completely.
- If the user account settings are turned on, it will interfere with the updating of QuickBooks.
- When the internet browser is not set as the default browser.
- The programs files are incorrect or improper.
- It may also be happening because of poor network connection.
- Untimely termination of the program may also cause this error.
- It may also happen because of a lack of memory in your system.
How fix QuickBooks Payroll error 15270
As we now know the issues which cause this error. We will now try to fix this error by sequentially resolving the causes of the errors.
Solution 1: Downloading the fresh updates.
- You need to restart the QuickBooks and click on later, if there is any prompt for update.
- After reaching the help icon, click on QuickBooks.
- Once the window opens, click on Update now and follow the steps which appear on screen.
- Now, you have to click on reset updates and also confirm the prompt.
- Click on the update option in the same window.
- Select the icon of install now on QB update services.
- And, you need to restart QuickBooks.
Solution 2: By changing user account settings.
- After going to the control panel, go to user accounts.
- Then you have to open user accounts controls.
- Now, go to the option of ‘Never notify’ and then click on OK.
- And. finally restart your computer.
Solution 3: Setting internet explorer as the default app.
- Go to the start window.
- In the search bar, find for app defaults.
- Now you have to search for the web browser.
- You have to now set internet explorer as default app.
Solution 4:Checking the identification Numbers.
- You have to be sure that you are using an Employee identification number and not social security number. Also, ensure that you have not entered a service key.
- You can check this on the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Performing a Clean install.
- Go to the control panel.
- Choose the option of program and features.
- Now select the option of add or remove the program.
- Remove the program and install it again.
QuickBooks error 15270 which happens due to internet settings being inappropriate or if there is lack of memory in the system can be fixed by checking the identification numbers or it can also be resolved by performing a clean installation of the QuickBooks.
These are some of the ways, by which you can deal with error 15270. If you still find difficulties in fixing this error, you can contact QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our team of experts will help you in fixing your issue.