QuickBooks is particularly designed for helping small and medium sized businesses in their works that are related to accounts, finance, invoicing, payroll etc. QuickBooks allows you to create your company files that store data. But working on QuickBooks can often be stumbled by certain errors like QuickBooks error 6143 that comes up when the windows registry gets deleted or damaged. To find the causes and resolution to fix this error, read this article.
What is QuickBooks error 6143?
QuickBooks error 6143 is generally encountered due to malfunction in the company files. QuickBooks error 6143 can also be seen when system files are corrupted. This error appears with an error message and the window will crash. Most prominent factor that results in the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 6143 is damages or deleted windows registry files.
What are the causes for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6143
- Corrupted entries in the windows system file.
- Incomplete Quickbooks installation.
- Bank reconnects when there is a new credit card.
- Damaged window system files.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6143
Method 1: By opening a sample company file
- You need to open a sample file in the no company open window.
- From the list of sample company files select a file.
- Proceed to open the file locally.
Method 2: By configuring the antivirus.
- Quickbooks’ communication might be blocked by antivirus or firewall ports.
- You have to configure the firewall ports.
- You need to set up an exception for Quickbooks to the antivirus.
Method 3: Closing all the QuickBooks processes.
- Login to your system as admin.
- Press Ctrl+shift+esc and the task manager will be displayed.
- Proceed to the user tab and then to the show processes for all users.
- You need to close all the Quickbooks related tasks, for this you need to press End task.
Method 4: By opening the company file locally.
- Open the folder with the company file.
- See for the having QB extension and right click on the file and choose the option of copy.
- Paste this file on Desktop.
- Press the ctrl key and open the Quickbooks and reach no company open window.
- Then you need to open or restore the existing company and close all the Quickbooks processes.
Method 5: Configuring firewall ports
If in case the company file is being blocked by the firewall or antivirus settings. It is required that you make changes in their settings and add QuickBooks to the exception list of windows firewalls.