QuickBooks is a well-designed accounting software that helps in managing tasks like money flow, clients, generating invoices, creating payrolls etc. But there can be various errors that affect QuickBooks at times, these errors can occur while installing software, updating QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 2002 is one such error that comes up while using QuickBooks payroll and you are asked to enter a PIN.
What is QuickBooks error 2002?
This is a payroll error that comes up when you use the QuickBooks payroll and it asks you to enter the PIN. Its appears when you enter the wrong PIN. The wrong PIN does not let you use QuickBooks payroll services and results in error 2002.
What causes QuickBooks error 2002?
- The PN entered for using QuickBooks payroll is wrong.
- If there is some issue with the data file.
- QuickBooks might not be updated.
Things to keep in mind while entering the PIN to avoid QuickBooks error 2002:
- The PIN should be between 8 to 12 characters.
- PIN should include a combination of at least one letter and one number.
- PIN is always a case sensitive thing, so use of Caps Lock should be kept in mind.
How to resolve QuickBooks error 2002?
Method 1: Running Repair Utility.
- To start with, you must login to the computer as Administrator.
- Ensure to have a stable internet connection.
- Next, download the PayrollSubini.exe and run it in the system.
- You need to RepairUtility.
- Now, you need to check for the payroll updates, for this:
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Move to Payroll updates.
- Now, update the software.
- Click OK.
- Once the download is complete, open QuickBooks again.
Method 2: Re-entering the PIN.
- If the error 2002 comes up due to the wrong PIN.
- It is recommended that you enter the correct PIN.
Method 3: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Download QuickBooks tool hub.
- Install QuickBooks tool hub.
- Run the tool from the desktop.
- Choose the company file issues.
- Select Run QuickBooks file doctor tool.