QuickBooks provide solutions for accounting tasks required for your business at your fingertips. It helps in managing the accounting works in a simplified manner. QuickBooks comes with various beneficial features that make the business tasks seamless and quick. But at times QuickBooks might get affected due to certain errors. QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118 is one of such errors that occurs during installation or upgradation of QuickBooks .
What is QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
QuickBooks error 3371 usually occurs when a user either reconfigures the QuickBooks desktop or activates QuickBooks for the first time. QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118 is likely to occur at the time of QuickBooks installation or when you try to update the QuickBooks . It occurs due to damaged components or an outdated operating system. QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118 pops up with the error message stating “ Could not initialize license properties”.
By dialing +1(888) 910 1619 and our technical support team is available round the clock to help you in fixing QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118.
|“Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files”.|
What are QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118 pops up?
When you try to open QuickBooks Desktop, you might see one of these messages, which pops up due to Error 3371:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- QuickBooks could not load license data
NOTE: You may experience this issue if you open the file before you save it. You must first save the file before you import the .QBD file.
Why does QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118 occur?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118 generally happens due to damaged or missing components. Other possible reasons behind this error can be:
- Intuit has made the license information mandatory to be saved on your hard drive. If due to any reason the license data gets damaged or missing it causes QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118.
- Some important files are missing or damaged such as MSXML or QBregistration.dat: MSXML is provided by Microsoft that is required to run QuickBooks . Some sort of damage in the MSXML or QBregistration.dat causes QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118.
- Antivirus software that affects QB desktop files: Virus or malware attack is one of the prominent reasons that results in this error.
- Running outdated windows, as result QB desktop installation might fail, hence resulting in QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118.
- The .qbo files being imported, without saving them. Thus it is required that you save the file before importing them.
- License information gets corrupted, damaged or missing.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error Code 3371:
These are some of the quick methods to get rid of QuickBooks error 3371.
Solution 1: By installing latest or updated window.
- Updated window
- First of all, make sure that you are using the latest or updated window.
- To get the latest updates, click on the window option.
- Choose the program.
- Click on update.
- After completing the installation, install your QuickBooks program.
Solution 2: Fixing QuickBooks error 3371 through QuickBooks tool hub.
- First, close Your QuickBooks software.
- Second, Download QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save this hub file on window desktop or downloads with .exe extension.
- Now, open the QuickBooks tool hub file and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- After agreeing to terms and conditions, install tool hub.
- Click twice to open tool hub after installation is finished.
- Now, Click on QuickBooks tool hub option.
- Choose Error 3371fix from option.
- Click OK.
- Then restart QuickBooks desktop and open your data file.
Solution 3: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop.
We need to install Clean install QuickBooks desktop to resolve QuickBooks error 3317, 11118. For this follow the given steps.
- Go to start menu of your windows. Search for control panel and launch it.
- Select ‘uninstall a program’ from programs and features tab.
- Select the QuickBooks version, in which you are facing the problem.
- Then, click on ‘uninstall/change option and select ‘Remove’ option.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Restart your system, once uninstallation is done.
- Finally, reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
- Open ‘file explorer by searching it in the search bar.
- Open the folder that contains QuickBooks company files.
- Select rename option after right clicking on the folder.
- Add .old, at the end of the folder name.
- Then reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 4: Deleting ECML file and renaming entitlement file.
- For fixing QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118, it is required to rename the entitlement file and delete the ECML file. For this:
- Open the run window.
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Click Ok and you will see the window explorer.
- Right click on the ecml file and proceed to the delete option.
- Try to re-run the QuickBooks after closing this window.
- Again, open the run window.
- Type C://Documents and ‘Settings All Users‘ Application DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2.
- Right click the file and move to the delete option.
Note: You can also rename the file.
Hopefully, now you are able to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 easily. And if you still encounter QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118, then you can reach out to us at QBSsolved.com by dialing +1(888) 910 1619 and our technical support team is available round the clock to help you in fixing QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118.