QuickBooks helps businesses in streamlining their payroll process. This helps the companies to pay salaries to their employees on time and in a correct manner.
Also, it reduces your hassle and makes the process easy, quick and accurate. But QuickBooks payroll also faces some errors and one of these errors is Error PS033, which is generally caused when a CPS folder has a damaged file. When this error arises, it becomes difficult for the user to download the latest payroll updates, as a result you are unable to open the company file.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033
While downloading the payroll update or while opening the company file, you might receive a message: ‘QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup field.[Error PS033]’. Error PS033 is caused by a damaged file in the CPS folder.
What triggers QuickBooks Error PS033
- This error is caused by one if the following reasons:
- Payroll subscription is not activated.
- Inactive direct deposit agreement is having more than one active payroll.
- QuickBooks desktop file is damaged.
- Damaged QuickBooks data.
- QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version.
- The Payroll Service key is incorrect.
- Employer identification Number (EIN) is either invalid or is not correct.
- Company file PSID is not correct.
- QuickBooks desktop and current version should be compatible with each other.
- Status on QuickBooks desktop appears as an invalid number.
How can you fix QuickBooks Error code PS033
By downloading the latest payroll table.
- From the QuickBooks, select the tab of ‘Employees’.
- Next, you have to select the option of ‘Get payroll updates’.
- Now, you have to choose the option of ‘Download entire payroll update’.
- Now, select the option of ‘Update’.
By renaming the QuickBooks CPS folder.
- You need to first locate the following – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- In the above step ‘QQ’ is for the reference to the yearly edition like 2018,2019 etc.
- You have to rename the CPS folder to ‘CPSOLD’ and check whether the error is fixed.
- Now, you need to update the payroll tax tables.
By disabling User account Control (UAC).
- It is only applicable to UAC settings change for windows 10, 8.1, 8 and & 7only.
- You can do this by going to the Control panel.
- Click on User accounts and then select the option of ‘Change user account settings’.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Never notify’ option and then click on OK.
By rebooting and troubleshooting in the safe mode:
- You need to run a ‘Verify and rebuild data’ in QuickBooks.
- Next, step is to update the QuickBooks desktop to the latest release.
- Now, you have to reboot your system in the safe mode and also, you need to update the payroll tax tables.
- Finally, you have to restart your computer.
You might see Quickbooks error PS033 due to incompatibility of Windows and Quickbooks version or due to company file PSID being incorrect. Error PS033 can be rectified by rebooting the system in the safe mode. It can also be corrected by disabling UAC. Make sure that you have downloaded the latest payroll updates.
Hopefully, this information was useful in fixing error PS033.Although, if the issue still persists, you can reach out to QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our team of experts will be happy to assist you!!