QuickBooks helps businesses in streamlining their payroll process. This helps the companies to pay salaries to their employees on time and in a correct manner.
Also, it reduces your hassle and makes the process easy, quick and accurate. But QuickBooks payroll also faces some errors and one of these errors is Error PS033, which is generally caused when a CPS folder has a damaged file. When this error arises, it becomes difficult for the user to download the latest payroll updates, as a result you are unable to open the company file.
What is QuickBooks QuickBooks Error code PS033?
While downloading the payroll update or while opening the company file, you might receive a message: ‘QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup field.[Error PS033]’. Error PS033 is caused by a damaged file in the CPS folder. With the occurrence of QuickBooks error code PS033 you will not be able to read the setup files in QuickBooks. If unable to fix this error by solution then for QuickBooks support contact at +1(888) 910 1619.
|QuickBooks error PS033 comes up with the following messages:|
“QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033].
“Error PS033 is caused by a damaged file in CPS folder”.
What causes QuickBooks Error code PS033?
QuickBooks error PS033 can be caused by the following reasons:
- Payroll subscription is not activated.
- Inactive direct deposit agreement is having more than one active payroll.
- QuickBooks desktop file is damaged, which can cause QuickBooks error PS033.
- Damaged QuickBooks data.
- QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version, for using QuickBooks ’ payroll feature efficiently it is required that QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
- The Payroll Service key is incorrect, being wrong payroll service key can result in QuickBooks error PS033
- Employer identification Number (EIN) is either invalid or is not correct.
- Company file PSID is not correct.
- QuickBooks desktop and current version should be compatible with each other.
- Status on QuickBooks desktop appears as an invalid number.
Read Also: Repair Methods For QuickBooks Error 6000,8
How can you fix QuickBooks Error code PS033
Solution 1: By downloading the latest payroll table.
- From the QuickBooks, select the tab of ‘Employees’.
- Next, you have to select the option of ‘Get payroll updates’.
- Now, you have to choose the option of ‘Download entire payroll update’.
- Now, select the option of ‘Update’.
Solution 2: By renaming the QuickBooks CPS folder.
- You need to first locate the following – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- In the above step ‘QQ’ is for the reference to the yearly edition like 2018,2019 etc.
- You have to rename the CPS folder to ‘CPSOLD’ and check whether the error is fixed.
- Now, you need to update the payroll tax tables.
Solution 3: By disabling User account Control (UAC).
- It is only applicable to UAC settings change for windows 10, 8.1, 8 and & 7only.
- You can do this by going to the Control panel.
- Click on User accounts and then select the option of ‘Change user account settings’.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Never notify’ option and then click on OK.
Solution 4: By rebooting and troubleshooting in the safe mode:
- You need to run a ‘Verify and rebuild data’ in QuickBooks.
- Next, step is to update the QuickBooks desktop to the latest release.
- Now, you have to reboot your system in the safe mode and also, you need to update the payroll tax tables.
- Finally, you have to restart your computer.
Solution 5: Updating QuickBooks to fix QuickBooks error PS033
- First, close all QuickBooks windows.
- Also, close the company files.
- Go to the start menu.
- Type QuickBooks desktop.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose the option- Run as Administrator.
- Reach the no company file option.
- Press F2.
- Reach the help menu.
- Click on Update QuickBooks .
- Select ‘Mark All’.
- Let the QuickBooks get updated.
Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error OLSU-1014
Solution 6: Updating payroll tax tables.
- Open QuickBooks .
- Go to Employees.
- Select Payroll updates.
- Select the option- ‘Download entire payroll update;.
- Click on the update option.
You might see QuickBooks error code PS033 due to incompatibility of Windows and QuickBooks version or due to company file PSID being incorrect. QuickBooks Error PS033 can be rectified by rebooting the system in the safe mode. It can also be corrected by disabling UAC. Make sure that you have downloaded the latest payroll updates.
Hopefully, this information was useful in fixing QuickBooks error PS033.Although, if the issue still persists, you can reach out to QuickBooks Support QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our team of experts will be happy to assist you!!