QuickBooks is hampered by a wide range of technical issues. These glitches and issues also include different error codes. Some of these errors can be easily resolved while some error codes are capable of damaging your company data. For such kind of error you need expert assistance. One such error is QuickBooks backup error 2277. QuickBooks error 2277 is associated with incomplete and erroneous backup of the company files.
In the article below we have tried to cover all the aspects related to QuickBooks error 2277. Further we have provided you with the solutions for fixing QuickBooks backup error 2277. Stay tuned till the end to get rid of this error. And if the error still bothers you, feel free to reach out to experts by calling us.
When does QuickBooks Backup error 2277 come up?
There can be several instances when QuickBooks backup error 2277 is likely to come up. For example, while following the backup process of the company files. The process of backup might stop. The error 2277 can also come up while performing usual operations in QuickBooks.
Factors to the occurrence of the QuickBooks backup error 2277
Well, there can be numerous reasons that can result in the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 2277. Let us take a look at some of the important reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks backup error 2277:
- QuickBooks error 2277 is evoked by an incomplete backup process due to damaged company files.
- Some QuickBooks files would have been accidentally deleted.
- QuickBooks is being blocked by the firewall settings resulting in error 2277.
- System junk or temporary files in the system is also one of the causes of this error.
- In the list of trusted websites of Internet Explorer, Intuit is not added.
Also Read: How to set up QuickBooks Workforce
What are signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks error 2277?
In order to fix QuickBooks backup error 2277, it is important to recognize the error. Here are some of the symptoms of the QuickBooks error 2277:
- System would freeze at regular intervals.
- System might abruptly turn off and then restart.
- You will see a message pop up on your screen while backing up the company files.
- QuickBooks would become unresponsive during the backup process.
What are the solutions to QuickBooks Backup error 2277?
Once you get the details about QuickBooks backup error 2277. You are good to go to fix QuickBooks error 2277. Here are some of the methods to QuickBooks error 2277:
Solution 1: Using IDP Diagnostic tool
The IDP tool is one of the effective ways to fix errors like QuickBooks error 2277 as this tool diagnoses the issues within the system. Here are steps to use this tool:
- To begin with, you should go to the about section in the Intuit Data Protect.
- Proceed by right clicking the Intuit Data Protect and click on About Intuit Data Protect.
- Now, you need to simultaneously click on Ctrl+F2. IDP ( Intuit Data Protection
- When you see the IDP tool on the screen, you need to select the Run Diagnostic Option.
- It will start the diagnostic process which includes full diagnosis of your firewall, antivirus and other components of the system.
- You should provide the access of IDP files if asked and it will allow diagnosis to work without any interruptions.
- In the next step, you have to visit the website of the manufacturer to include exception:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data\Protect\IntuitDataProtect.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data\Protect\QBIDPServices.exe
Solution 2: Add Intuit to trusted Website List
It is always advised to add Intuit in the list of trusted websites in Internet Explorer. This will help you to fix a lot of errors in the QuickBooks. Here is the process to add Intuit in the trusted website list:
- In the beginning, open the internet explorer web browser.
- Once the browser is launched, hit the Gear icon which you will find on the top right corner.
- Here you will reach the tools menu.
- In the tools option, move to the internet options.
- You will see various tabs, from these tabs, choose the Security option.
- You should deselect the option of Enable Protected mode.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Green coloured tick mark symbol which is labelled as trusted sites.
- Proceed to select the Sites tab.
- From this menu, you have to unselect the box beside “Require Server Verification (HTTPS)” for all the sites.
- Here you have to include three sites, these are: ‘.intuit.com’, ‘.intuit.net’, ‘.backup.com
- Once these sites are added, you need to click on Close.
- Now, you have to select the privacy tab.
- Move to the sites option in the Privacy tab.
- Now, you need to include the sites which are- ‘.Quickbooks.com, ‘.intuit.com
- To finish Click Ok and it will save all the changes.
- Close all the windows.
- There can be a probability that the firewall is blocking the communication with the Quickbooks. In this situation, it is advised to incorporate the inbound and outbound ports in the firewall. This is the procedure to add ports to firewall:
- Move to the control panel from the windows option.
- Here you have to select the system option followed by the security tab.
- In the security option, you have to go to the windows firewall.
- To process ahead, reach the advanced settings and choose the inbound rules option.
Solution 3: Add ports to the windows firewall
- Next step is to go to the new rules options and here you need to enter the incoming port as 80.
- Click NEXT and follow the same procedure for the outbound rules and add Outgoing port as 443, 16841.
- These steps will make sure that the firewall is not tempering the network access to the QuickBooks software.
- Once this process is complete, reopen the QuickBooks.
Solution 4 Clean system junk and temporary files.
- You need to clean the system junk and temporary files to fix QuickBooks error 2277. The steps to this are:
- Open the Internet explorer which is your default browser.
- Now, move to the gear symbol and then to the tools option.
- From here you have to reach the internet options which you will see in the drop down option.
- Go to the general tab and scroll down to the option of browsing history.
- You have to click the delete option and you have to click all the boxes that are to be deleted.
- Once this step is done you have to go to the Content tab and select the clear SSL option.
- Hit OK.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop program.
- If none of the solutions mentioned above work to resolve QuickBooks error 2277. Follows these steps:
- For repairing the QuickBooks window, you should reach the control panel that can be accessed through the start menu.
- Now, here you have to move to the programs and features option, where you will see the list of installed programs.
- Select QuickBooks from the given list of programs.
- Once you click on QuickBooks, you will see a window on the screen.
- Click on the option to repair from the window which you see.
- All you have to do is to follow the steps that appear on the screen.
With this we wrap up the article related to QuickBooks error 2277. If the error 2277 still bothers you, feel free to connect with the team of experts of QuickBooks Support QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619.