QuickBooks Error 80070057 usually appears when you try opening a company file and it is a run-time error. QuickBooks Error 80070057 is an error which is related with the communication issues with the company file over the server or host.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 80070057 simply means that the user is not having enough permissions to delete or eliminate the Quickbooks files in the folder. You can only access the Quickbooks in the multi-user environment only if you have the authorization to delete/create quickbooks company files in the specific folder.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of Quickbooks error 80070057?
- Some sort of damage in the network data (.ND) files.
- Firewall or internet settings may not be as per the requirement of Quickbooks.
- You may be trying to open the Quickbooks company file via a shared folder.
- Bitdefender may be blocking the uncommon ports where there is data traffic between the computers.
- Company file extension may be damaged.
- Installation of Quickbooks may be damaged.
- Third party firewall which is being used may not be configured with the Quickbooks.
So, you back up your file regularly. But you couldn’t reach the last step successfully.
You are not alone. A mass of QuickBooks desktop users faces the same error after creating the Company File in QuickBooks. The error deprives you of opening the file and leaving you amid certain issues and wastage of time. You come across the same error every time you try to access the file. It means that QuickBooks wants to say that the Accounts Manager doesn’t have the right to access it properly, which means you can’t see the fil and can’t make any changes to it. But nothing to worry about. Every problem has a solution.
Running short on the deadline of a project? Looking for quick expert help?
QBSSolved.com will help you to meet your requirements during the troublesome situation. We have an excellent team of well-versed technicians of QuickBooks accounting software who is available to you even during the odd hours. We will help you to fix the error easily and efficiently so that you can wrap up the project before the delivery date.
Do you want to try resolving QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
We will help you with that too. Along with the creation of the new QuickBooks Company File, many other factors can be termed as the cause of Error Code 80070057. Most of them can be categorized as communication issues that arise while accessing the company files that are on a different computer or network. Hence, any problem in the server or host of the network can take you to see Error Code 80070057 on your screen and create a huge problem. The following steps can help you to move out of the dilemma of resolving the issue and get back to you instantly.
Using QuickBooks Database Server Manager
1. On the Server, open QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then rescan the folder of your company file.
2. Search QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the Windows taskbar and click Ok to open it.
3. Is the company file folder already listed? Click Add Folder or Choose Scan option.
4. Go to the folder location and select the folder
5. Click on Scan
How it would help?
When you would scan the entire company file on QuickBooks Desktop, it would reconfigure the QuickBooks File Sharing Permissions so that all QuickBooks Workstations can access them. Moreover, reporting the errors in Internet security settings and Firewalls for QuickBooks.
6. From the host computer open the file and then open it from the system that was displaying Error Code 80070057. Still unable to solve the error code? You need to talk to experts- 1-888-910-1619.
Using Desktop Communication
1. Configure Bitdefender and then allow QuickBooks Desktop Communication
2. Go to Bitdefender 10.0 menu and then click on Antivirus
3. Select Exclude oath from Scan.
4. Click on New Item
5. Select the UNC path or mapped drive to get the location of the file.
You can also check the connectivity errors from both QuickBooks Workstation and QuickBooks Server Computer using QuickBooks File Doctor.
Commencing From The Beginning
1. In the Company File Folder, upload a new copy of the Network Data configuration file
2. Log out from all the users and close the software
3. Log in as Windows Administrator
4. Browse the Company File Folder
5. Find the .nd (Network Data) file linked to the file having problems
6. Either delete it or rename the Company file.
How it would help?
The Company File will automatically be created in both options. Also, the QuickBooks Network Data File will adopt the settings of a new network to check if it is accessible on the workstations.
Checking the extension of Company File
1. Right-click on the Company File
2. Select Properties Tab
3. Choose QuickBooks Icon
4. Open QuickBooks and note if the extension of the Company File is .qbw.
5. Click Ok and close the window.
What Else You Can Try?
1. Download QuickBooks File Doctor and start using it to get rid of the Error Code 80070057.
2. Uninstall the accounting software and then reinstall it. Most of the problems get solved by implementing this simple trick.
3. Contact QBSSolved pro advisors. Taking risks is not possible all the time. Sometimes the situations are not under control and we can’t afford even a minute mistake. In those cases, contacting experts seem wisest decisions. QBSSolved.com is online customer support plus accounting solution provider where you can reach to solve any kind of finance-related query of QuickBooks. You can reach our certified QuickBooks Support team and decode all the error codes like a cakewalk. Their 15+ years of experience have made them capable of conveying the solution effectively even to a non-technical person. So, you don’t need to worry about the ‘hi-fi’ technical and sophisticated term while talking to our experts. They know how to handle the situation for you and bring back comfort. With their clear instructions, you would be able to open the file without any barriers and continue with your work smoothly.
Moreover, if you are a regular QuickBooks user, you might have also faced other errors too like Error code 15101 and 151215 and many more.
QuickBooks error 80070057 which arises due to incorrect parameters can be attributed to several reasons like windows being damaged or there might be some damage in the company file. Error 800070057 can be fixed by configuring the bit defender or you need to clean install the QuickBooks.