QuickBooks accounting software is an innovative bookkeeping software used by business owners all over the world. QuickBooks allows you to handle most complicated tasks that includes tracking daily transactions, managing expenses etc. But some errors like QuickBooks error 80070057 can hamper your work at QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 80070057 simply means that the user is not having enough permissions to delete or eliminate the QuickBooks files in the folder. You can only access the QuickBooks in the multi-user environment only if you have the authorization to delete/create QuickBooks company files in the specific folder. From the error message which comes up with occurrence of QuickBooks error 80070057 clearly defines that it is an unexpected QuickBooks error arising due to incorrect parameters.
QuickBooks Error 80070057 usually appears when you try opening a company file. QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 is a run-time error in QuickBooks . QuickBooks Error 80070057 is an error which is related with the communication issues with the company file over the server or host of QuickBooks .
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 comes up with the error message stating “80070057:the parameter is incorrect”
For technical assistance and get it solved from professional QuickBooks Error support team at 1-888-910-1619.
|80070057: the parameter is incorrect|
Error Status: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect, or You do not have sufficient permissions
Reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 80070057?
- Some sort of damage in the network data (.ND) files: Damage in the network files usually occurs when the user tries to delete the network data files on the host computer.
- Firewall or internet settings may not be as per the requirement of QuickBooks : Configuration of firewall sometimes distorts the communication path of QuickBooks .
- You may be trying to open the QuickBooks company file via a shared folder and the folder has the permission to be accessed only on server or host computer.
- Bitdefender may be blocking the uncommon ports where there is data traffic between the computers. Bit defender might block the blocks required for the communication.
- Company file extension may be damaged.
- Installation of QuickBooks may be damaged.
- Third party firewall which is being used may not be configured with the QuickBooks .
- You backup your file regularly. But you couldn’t reach the last step successfully.
- You might be trying to open the company file before saving it.
- QuickBooks extensions like .qbm, .qbb, ,qbx for the windows file extensions might be wrong.
Also Read: Learn to resolve QuickBooks POS Error 193
Ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057:
We will help you with that too. Along with the creation of the new QuickBooks Company File, many other factors can be termed as the cause of Error Code 80070057. Most of them can be categorized as communication issues that arise while accessing the company files that are on a different computer or network. Hence, any problem in the server or host of the network can take you to see Error Code 80070057 on your screen and create a huge problem. The following steps can help you to move out of the dilemma of resolving the issue and get back to you instantly.
Method 1: Using QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- On the Server, open QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then rescan the folder of your company file.
- Search QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the Windows taskbar and click Ok to open it.
- Is the company file folder already listed? Click Add Folder or Choose Scan option.
- Go to the folder location and select the folder
- Click on Scan
- From the host computer open the file and then open it from the system that was displaying Error Code 80070057. Still unable to solve the error code? You need to talk to experts at 1-888-910-1619.
How it would help?
When you would scan the entire company file on QuickBooks Desktop, it would reconfigure the QuickBooks File Sharing Permissions so that all QuickBooks Workstations can access them. Moreover, reporting the errors in Internet security settings and Firewalls for QuickBooks .
Method 2: Using Desktop Communication
- Configure Bitdefender and then allow QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- Go to Bitdefender 10.0 menu and then click on Antivirus
- Select Exclude oath from Scan.
- Click on New Item
- Select the UNC path or mapped drive to get the location of the file.
You can also check the connectivity errors from both QuickBooks Workstation and QuickBooks Server Computer using QuickBooks File Doctor.
Method 3: Commencing From The Beginning
- In the Company File Folder, upload a new copy of the Network Data configuration file
- Log out from all the users and close the software
- Log in as Windows Administrator
- Browse the Company File Folder
- Find the .nd (Network Data) file linked to the file having problems
- Either delete it or rename the Company file.
Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
Method 4: Checking the extension of Company File
- Right-click on the Company File
- Select Properties Tab
- Choose QuickBooks Icon
- Open QuickBooks and note if the extension of the Company File is .qbw.
- Click Ok and close the window.
Method 5: Using QuickBooks clean install
- To fix QuickBooks Error 80070057, you must first uninstall QuickBooks for this.
- Reach the control panel and then programs and features.
- Choose QuickBooks .
- Uninstall QuickBooks .
- Perform clean installation of the QuickBooks.
Method 6: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool
- To begin with, you need to download QuickBooks tool hub.
- Next step is to Install it in the system.
- Open QuickBooks tool hub.
- Go to company file issues and proceed to run QuickBooks tool hub.
Also Read: QuickBooks Enterprise Support
Method 7: Editing or deleting the .nd file.
- Reach the network data configuration files.
- Logout from all the users of QuickBooks .
- Now, login as system admin.
- Reach the company file folder.
- Find the .nd extension file.
- Either rename the file or move ahead to delete the file.
Method 8: Converting files from mac to windows
- Reach the windows function.
- You can use the backup option for conversion of QuickBooks from mac to windows.
Contact QBSSolved pro advisors QBSSolved.com is online customer support plus accounting solution provider where you can reach to solve any kind of finance-related query of QuickBooks . You can reach our certified QuickBooks Support team and decode all the error codes like a cakewalk.
It which arises due to incorrect parameters can be attributed to several reasons like windows being damaged or there might be some damage in the company file. QuickBooks Error code 80070057 can be fixed by configuring the bit defender or you need to clean install the QuickBooks .