QuickBooks provides a cutting-edge platform to the businesses, which can be used to manage the payroll,HR, and employee services etc. It has many incredible features which makes the payroll process an easy work. QuickBooks keeps updating its software and keeps enhancing its features. In new updates, all the previous drawbacks are eradicated.
The new updates are enhanced. However, running payroll is not an easy task, it needs a favourable system environment; otherwise it may cause technical error. QuickBooks payroll Error 15263 is one of the payroll update errors, which usually happens when updates of QuickBooks are not successfully completed. The main reason for occurrence of this error is faulty new internet settings.
What causes QuickBooks payroll Error 15263?
- If you witness Error code-15263, it means you are unable to update payroll successfully, which usually happens due to incorrect internet settings. Some of the other reasons are:
- Operating systems with the corrupted drivers are outdated.
- Untrusted site had been used for downloading
- Software file is corrupted.
- Internet explorer versions are outdated.
- Internet configuration may be incorrect.
- Firewall and antivirus may be restricting communication.
Solutions For QuickBooks Payroll Error 15263
Solution 1: Restoring Advanced settings of Internet explorer.
- You need to close the running QuickBooks application to begin with the troubleshooting process.
- Now, you have to launch an internet explorer.
- Next, you need to go to the menu bar on the upper right section and then select tools.
- Click on the Advanced tabs after finding the Internet options from the tools.
- From advanced tabs, click on restore advanced settings.
- Next step is to click on OK and then click on the ‘Done’ to confirm the changes.
- Now you can try to update payroll.
- Now you need to add the above files in the windows’ firewall exception list:
Go to the windows from the keyboards.
- There will be a search bar along with the start menu.
- You need to type ‘windows firewall’ in this search bar.
- From the options that pop up, select the option windows firewall.
- From the left menu bar, go to ‘advanced settings’ and click on it.
- It will open up the screen ‘windows firewall with the advanced security’.
- You need to make a click on ‘Inbound rules’.
- Select the correct port after selecting the option of ‘New rules’.
- Next, you need to click ‘Next’ and make sure that TCP is selected.
- Make sure to enter the correct port depending on your version of QuickBooks.
- This is the list of Ports for different versions of QuickBooks:
- For QuickBooks 2019- Port number is 8019.
- For QuickBooks 2018- Port numbers are 56728, 55378-55382.
- For QuickBooks 2017- Port number is 56276, 55368-55372.
- Further, select the option of ‘Allow connection’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Click on Finish so as to implement these steps.
Solution 2: Making Internet explorer your default browser.
QuickBooks application is compatible only with ‘Internet Explorer’ and it does not support any other browser. So, it is recommended that you make an internet explorer as your default browser, to make working on Quickbooks a hassle-free experience.
- To make Internet Explorer as your default browser, follow these steps:
- For this, you need to first launch an internet explorer and go to the Gear icon and reach to the Internet options.
- Next, make a click on ‘Make default’ under program tabs.
- Select the option of Apply.
Solution 3: Ensuring that the date and time of your system is correct.
- One of the most prominent reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks payroll error is incorrect ‘Date & time’ settings. If the date and time of your system are incorrect, then you need to set correct time zones. This can be done by the following steps:
- From the bottom right corner of your computer, reach out to the date and time section.
- Open the ‘Date & time’ windows.
- Select the correct date and time.
- Next, click on ‘change time-zone’ and then choose the correct time zone.
Solution 4: Checking the cipher strength.
- Open your Internet Explorer.
- In the address bar, enter- https://www.intuit.com.
- Now you need to click the Alt key on the keyboard.
- Now you need to click on ‘Properties’.
- Under connection, find the number, before the ‘bit encryption’.
- If the strength of the cipher is less than 128 bits, it means that the internet explorer browser is not with 18-bit encryption.
Perhaps, these troubleshooting methods helped you in payroll error 15263.but, if you are still finding any issue, you can reach out to QBSsolved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our team of experts will help you to fix all your issues.