QuickBooks software is being used worldwide for managing accounts tasks efficiently. Intuit designed QuickBooks with various features like payroll services, easy and convenient generation of invoices and paychecks etc. But, QuickBooks might get affected by certain errors and glitches which might happen due to various reasons. One suche error which adversely affects working of QuickBooks is QuickBooks error 12029 which appears when QuickBooks is not able to access the server.
What is QuickBooks error 12029?
Quickbooks error 12029 is most likely to occur when quickbooks fails to access the server which happens usually due to time-out requests. So, Quickbooks error 12029 which is network time-out error happens due to latency issues on the internet or when Quickbooks is blocked by the firewall settings. Quickbooks error 12029 is an error of series 12000.
What are the reasons for Quickbooks error 12029?
External causes for Quickbooks error 12029:
- Internet packets might have been dropped.
- Unsupported internet browser.
- SSL settings might be incorrect.
- Network time out while payroll downloading requests.
- Firewall or internet security might have blocked access to the Quickbooks.
Internal causes of the Quickbooks error 12029:
- Quickbooks connectivity failed.
- Quickbooks might face connection issues.
- Quickbooks update timeout.
- Quickbooks might be blocked from accessing the server.
Quickbooks error 12029 might also be termed as:
- Quickbooks Desktop update error 12029.
- Quickbooks payroll update error 12029.
- QB service message error 12029.
- Payroll error 12029.
Quickbooks error 12029 can be fixed Quickbooks error 12029 by the methods mentioned below:
Solution 1: Fixing Local computer and internal glitches
- You must check the internet latency to check if there are any dropped internet packets.
- You should upgrade the internet explorer to 11.0 and also make it the default browser.
Solution 2: Configuring firewall settings.
- Open start menu.
- Type windows firewall and open it.
- Choose the Advanced settings.
- Make a right click on the Inbound rules.
- Choose New rule.
- Choose port and click Next.
- Ensure to select TCP.
Enter these specific ports:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
Solution 3: Setting TLS 1.2 tool.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Reach the menu bar.
- Go to tools.
- Reach the internet options.
- Then, go to the advanced tab.
- Now move to Security and check-mark of the TLS1.2.
- Uncheck TLS 1.0 and RLS 1.1.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Reach the Help menu.
- Proceed to click on Update QuickBooks.
- Click on Update Now.
- After choosing the updates and then make a click on Get updates.
- Restart the computer.
Solution 5: Updating windows
- Open the start menu.
- Reach the Settings.
- Go to windows update.
- Click on Get updates.
- Restart the Computer.
Solution 6: Checking for Dropped internet packets.
- For checking dropped internet packets, you must check with the internet connection.
- Make sure that your internet connection is secure.
Solution 7: Checking internet connectivity.
To fix QuickBooks error 12029, you must ensure that QuickBooks is able to access the server. For which your system must have a strong internet connection. For this:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Now reach the tools option.
- Press Alt key
- Now, open the Internet options.
- Reach the security tab.
- Go to the Globe symbol and then to the security tab.
- Security level is set to medium high.
- Go to the connection tab.
- Now, in the dial up node, choose the option- ‘Never Dial a Connection’.
- In the LAN settings, reach the automatically detect settings.
- Go to proxy servers and then the advanced tab.
- Reach to the tab of- Restore Advanced settings.
- Reboot the system.
Solution 8: Running QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Download Quickbooks tool hub.
- Install the tool hub by following the steps which appear on the screen.
- Open QuickBooks tool hub.
- Choose the Company file issues.
- Run QuickBooks file doctor.
Solution 9: Installing QuickBooks desktop security software.
- Reach the QuickBooks icon.
- Right click on its icon and reach the properties tab.
- Now, right click on Quickbooks.exe file.
- Go to properties.
- From the list, select QuickBooks.
- Click on the details option in the digital signature tab.
- Click on View certificate.
- Install the certificate.
Solution 10: Configuring SSL settings.
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Go to tools in the internet options.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Choose SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 in the security option.
- Click Apply.
So, this is the end of the article to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 12029. I hope QuickBooks error 12029 is now resolved!! But if you are still stuck on QuickBooks error 12029, you can reach out to QBS Solved at 1-888-910-1619 and get QuickBooks error 12029 fixed instantly!!
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12009