QuickBooks error 12002 (While installing the latest updates)
Quickbooks provides the best for your new age business.Quickbooks allows you to boost your business by allowing you to send GST invoices, design quotations, track sales, and payments.Further Quickbooks allows you to connect to your bank. Quickbooks inuit brings regular updates for the smooth functioning of the software. But, Quickbooks is not free from glitches. Quickbooks encounter several errors. For instance Quickbooks error 12009.
What is QuickBooks error 12009?
Quickbooks error 12009 is an installation error of Quickbooks which appears when you try to install the updates for Quickbooks desktop or payroll services. When you are not able to connect to the internet, you might face certain updates issues and Quickbooks error 12009 is one of such issues.
Note: Reason for QuickBooks error 12009 can be attributed to blocking of the QuickBooks communication by antivirus or firewall which might not be allowing QuickBooks update or QuickBooks payroll updates. Improper internet security settings might also cause QuickBooks error 12009.
What are the possible causes of Quickbooks error 12009 to occur?
- Quickbooks updates might be conflicted by antivirus programs.
- Firewall might block the Quickbooks communication.
- Internet settings are not correct.
- Internet explorer might not be the default browser.
- Wrong SSL settings.
Thing to do before troubleshooting Quickbooks error 12009:
Create backup of the company file:
Before fixing Quickbooks error 2009, it is always recommended that you create a backup of the company file. For creating the company backup:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Reach the file menu.
- Go to the backup company option.
- Reach ‘create local backup’ option.
How to fix QuickBooks error 12009
Solution 1: For fixing QuickBooks error 12009, check the internet settings.
- First of all, close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, press windows+R keys and it will open the run command.
- In the run command box, type INETCPL.CPL.
- Click ok.
- Reach the security tab and click on the internet option.
- Ensure that the security is set to a medium-high zone.
- Click on the connections tab.
- Choose the LAN settings.
- Check mark the ‘automatically detect’ settings.
- Also, the proxy server of the lan is unchecked.
- Reach the advanced option, go to the security section.
- Make sure Use TLS1.2 is selected.
- Click Ok.
- Restart the computer.
Solution 2: Reset Quickbooks update.
Open the Quickbooks desktop.
- Go to the help menu.
- Click on Quickbooks desktop update.
- Click on update now.
- Check the reset update option.
- Click on Get updates.
- It might take some time to get Quickbooks updated.
Solution 3: Checking security software.
There may be times when the security software might result in QuickBooks error 12009.
Open the control panel.
Go to the windows firewall.
Select the message stating “Allow program through the firewall”.
Select the program that needs to be allowed through the windows firewall/
Solution 4: Reinstalling QuickBooks in selective startup.
- Press the windows and R key together
- You will see a run box.
- Proceed to type MSCONFIG in the box.
- Click OK.
- Reach the General tab, and select the option of Selective startup.
- Uncheck the Load startup items option.
- Click Ok.
- Click on Restart, if asked.
To uninstall and reinstall Quickbooks:
- Open the control panel.
- Reach the programs and features optin.
- Click on the uninstall tab.
- Select Quickbooks from the list of programs.
- Click Yes.
- In the window, which appears, click on remove.
- Follow the on screen popup and finish the process of uninstallation of Quickbooks.
- Now, insert the quickbooks installation CD.
- A wiazed to install Quickbooks will appear.
- Click Next.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Type the licence number and product number.
- Click Next and begin to install Quickbooks.
- Once Quickbooks has been installed.
- Open Quickbooks.
Solution 5: Switch to normal startup mode.
- Open the run window, by pressing windows+R.
- Type MSCONFIG and click OK.
- Choose the normal startup.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Restart the computer.
Solution 6: Manually install Quickbooks release.
- Close QuickBooks desktop.
- Reach QuickBooks download and update page.
- Choose your country, product and version.
- Click on Get latest updates option below the download button.
- After the download is complete, click on the downloadable file (.exe).
- Click Yes and follow the steps on screen.
Hopefully, after following the above mentioned methods, you are able to fix QuickBooks error 12009. But if the QuickBooks error 12009 still appears, reach out to the expert at QBS Solved by calling +1-888-910-1619. Our team of experts will help you to come out of QuickBooks error 12009.