QuickBooks is being used by businesses all over the globe for their accounting and finance tasks. QuickBooks has numerous features which keeps businessmen up-to-date related to their accounting tasks. But,sometimes you might encounter errors on QuickBooks, one such error is Error 12157. Error 12157 is a part of 12000 series and it generally occurs due to connectivity issues in the operating system.
Some of the most frequent reasons for happening of error 12157 are:
- There may be active X problems or PC registry errors.
- Firewalls may be restricting setups and internet safety applications.
- Some conditional firewall software settings and web protection applications may appear while updating QuickBooks.
- Various updates of the software for the same year are downloaded in the same system.
Method 1: Verifying the date and time in your system.
- Go to the Clock icon from the bottom right corner of your system.
- Select the ‘Adjust Date/Time’ option.
- Now, go to change date and time and then enter correct details.
- Now, you need to close and reopen QuickBooks desktop.
- And, finally update the QuickBooks.
Method 2: checking the internet connection settings.
- Go to the webpage of chase banking and test the secure internet connection.
- If you are not able to open Chase banking, you won’t be able to update QuickBooks. In this case you need to contact ISP (internet service provider).
- And, if you are able to see the chase banking page, then follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to help and click on Internet connection setup.
- Choose the option of ‘Use my computer’s internet connections settings’ to establish a connection whenever this application accesses the internet.
- Now,you have to go to Advanced connection settings and then reach to advanced tab.
- From the Advanced tab, select the option of ‘Restore Advanced settings’.
- Finally click OK and choose ‘Done’.
Method 3:Checking the internet security or personal firewall application configuration.
- Please ensure that internet security and personal firewall settings are accurately configured. You need to enable port 80 & 443 and the access must be provided to the below-given field:
We understand that some of the issues cannot be resolved manually. So, if you need further assistance you can reach out to us at +1(888) 910 1619 a and we will be assisting you in all your issues.