QuickBooks endows a wide range of features and tools to make your accounting and financial tasks easy. In addition, QuickBooks maintains your payroll information, client and operations information. The data is confined & protected by numerous security factors which are provided by QuickBooks. However, this software is very safe but you should keep backup for your data as the data may get corrupted or broken sometimes. This may create a hassle for your business. So, it is necessary that you keep your data protected. Since it can result in the occurrence of QuickBooks error code C=272 and hamper your data in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=272 ?
In this article, I’ll inform you about QuickBooks Error code -22. You might sometimes experience errors in it. Error code C=272 is one of them. QuickBooks Error Code C=272 arises when you run the verify data utility or rebuild utility or it may happen when you run a memorized report. Error Code C=272 affects your reports and data.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=272 ?
- QuickBooks Error Code C=272 may arise due to data damage or when the QuickBooks moved a report or report-like data.
- This error may also arise if forms -1099 or W2 are being printed.
- It may also happen when the memorized report which was actually produced earlier but it could not be converted appropriately.
- The verify or rebuild date which is set on a target ‘Bit set’ lies outside the anticipated range.
- QuickBooks data file is probably damaged.
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272 ?
To fix the issue associated with QuickBooks Error Code C=272 , you can go through these basic troubleshooting:
Solution 1: Open the QuickBooks sample company file.
- Open QuickBooks and then press the ctrl key on the keyboard.
- Release the Ctrl key when the “No Company Open” window pops up.
- If there is an error code in front of “No Company open”, then reach to the next step.
- Now, you have to choose the “open a sample file” in the option of “No company open”.
- Your Company file may have been distorted or damaged if it opens without display of any error code, then you need to reach to the “Verifying and rebuilding QuickBooks company data” or you will have to restore your QuickBooks company file from the backup which have been created.
- If this error appears when you try to open the sample company file, then you will have to follow the next steps.
Solution 2: Immobilize the Windows compatibility mode through shortcut icons.
- Click on the Short-cut icon of the QuickBooks and then click on “properties” tab.
- There you have to click on the compatibility icon.
- Uncheck the box of “Run this program in the compatibility mode”.
- Now you have to click OK and then click on Cancel.
Solution 3: Disable the windows compatibility mode setting for the QBW32.exe file.
- Select QuickBooks and make a right click on it.
- Go to the ‘Properties’ tab, there you have to open the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Shortcut’ icon and then click on “find target”.
- From the options, make a right click on QBW32.exe and select the Properties Icon from the options.
- Now, you have to select the icon –“Compatibility”.
- Clear the checkbox in front of “Run this program in Compatibility mode”.
- First, click on OK and then select the option of Cancel.
- Finally, you need to shut down the windows explorer and turn off the QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Updating QuickBooks to fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272
- For updating Quickbooks, open Quickbooks.
- Move to the file menu.
- Select the update QuickBooks option.
- Let the QuickBooks get updated.
I hope this article helped you in fixing QuickBooks error code C=272. If you still face any difficulties in fixing this error. We, QBSsolved are the top-notched technical support and you can reach out to us at +1(888) 910 1619.