Quickbooks unable to backup company file in Quickbooks Mac/windows
For any organization data is the most sensitive aspect and without proper management of data or your work may be hampered if there is some data loss. This is why it became very important to backup the data. QuickBooks allows you to create a backup of your data.
But, there may be situations, when QuickBooks might not be able to create the backup.
Some of the reasons for occurrence of Quickbooks unable to create backup of the compy file error are:
- Setting up the wrong backup path.
- Company file name may have more than 65 characters.
- Company file is damaged.
- Unattainability of storage device.
- Creating backup on external hard drive.
- Company file may be more than 3GB.
Occurrence of this error can cause loss of data, which may cause serious harm to your business. So, it becomes quite necessary to create a backup of your company files. To fix this error, you can use below-mentioned methods:
Method 1: By verifying and rebuilding QuickBooks company file:
- For this, make sure your QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
- Then, you need to close any running application on windows.
- Next, you have to click on the menu and then select utilities from it.
- Then click on Verify Data.
- Next you have to click on the rebuild data option.
- Finally, click on OK on the backup company file popup that arises.
Method 2: Verifying the Backup directory in QuickBooks
- First, open QuickBooks and finally go to the preferences section in the QuickBooks.
- Now, look for the backup directory that you have selected in QuickBooks.
- You have to ensure that QuickBooks have a valid path to create the backup file.
Method 3: By renaming the QuickBooks network data(.nd) file:
- First you need to exit QuickBooks desktop and then open windows file manager.
- Then locate the network data file in your c:\ drive.
- Here, the file will have the same name as your company file, but it will have .ND extension.
- Make a right click on the file and select the option of rename from the drop down.
- At the end of the file name add .OLD and then save it.
- Now, try creating a backup of your company file.
Creating backup of your company files can be very beneficial. We have also provided you with the basic troubleshooting, in case you encounter an error in creating a backup. But, if you are not able to resolve this error. QBSsolved can help you to fix all your queries. All you have to do is to call us at +1 (888) 910 1619 and our team of experts will help you to resolve all your issues.
Be it any work related to accounting, QuickBooks have all the features and provisions for your business. QuickBooks also helps you to create company files, it also helps in generation of invoices, creation of reports. It also allows you to create backups of your data. Since, data is considered to be the most crucial thing for any business. QuickBooks stores all your data in local storage of your computer. But in certain scenarios there may be hardware failure or some virus may have attacked that can cause loss of data. Hence, it is advised to regularly create a backup of your company files. You can either create backup every time you create files or you can opt for automatic backup of your data at regular intervals. But, sometimes backing up data in QuickBooks can be triggered by error.
If you are unable to backup your company file, it can be because of the QuickBooks desktop. Various reasons that causes ‘Unable to Backup Company file’ Error are:
- The major cause for occurrence of this error is unavailability of the storage device which stores the backup file.
- External Storage that creates backup for QuickBooks is no more connected to the computer.
- The company file for which backup needs to be created is damaged.
- The backup path which is set to create backup is wrong.