QuickBooks has powerful features like payment reminders, invoice tracking. You have quick access to a large number of reports. The ease of navigation allows you to use this software. Though QuickBooks is the finest software designed for accounting purposes, at the same time it cannot be denied that it is affected by certain errors. QuickBooks error 6150 is one such error that affects working on QuickBooks company files.
What is QuickBooks Error 6150?
QuickBooks error 6150, 1006 comes up with a message stating ‘QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close’. It only applies to Windows XP, Vista 7 and 8. With the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6150, you will not be able to open the company file. For fixing the error it is important to find the actual cause for the occurrence of this error.
|Warning||We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.|
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006).
What are the main causes that result in QuickBooks error 6150?
- QuickBooks installation may be damaged or corrupt causing errors.
- Users trying to open any portable file without opening the QuickBooks.
- This error can also be seen when the company file is virus infected.
- The extension of the QuickBooks file may be wrongly typed.
- The user may be trying to save the QB macintosh file.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 6150?
- QuickBooks might not be updated.
- Error code appears on the screen.
- System may freeze at times.
- Window may run sluggishly.
- Windows responds slowly to the inputs from keyboard and mouse.
Things to remember before resolving QuickBooks error 6150
- If the folder having the company file has DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS (.txt or .html), then your system is affected.
- Cryptowall virus can also be the reason for the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 6150.
Ways to fix QuickBooks error 6150
In this article we are going to tell you about various ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6150.
Method 1: Restore back-up
- First, you need to go to QuickBooks.
- Then, select the option of FILE and from this go to the Restore company.
- After this, go to Restore a backup copy option and then click the NEXT tab.
- Now, you have to opt for local backup and then again press Next.
- Select the location of the company file backup.
- Choose the file Backup option and .qbb extension.
- Then you have to click on Save and give a response to all the messages that pops up, before the restoration process starts.
- Finally, click on Save.
Method 2: Creating ‘New QuickBooks Desktop file from beginning.:
- A QuickBooks Desktop company file possesses all financial records of the company. So, in order to work on QuickBooks, you will have to create a company file. For this:
- First of all, go to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then go to the option of ‘No Company Open’ window and then select the option to create the New Company.
- You can choose the Express or Detailed start option.
For express Start:
- Enter the necessary details in QuickBooks setup window.
- Then go to Create company option.
- Once this file is created, then start to create your Customers, and chart of accounts.
- Enter the information that is asked on-screen and then go to the next button.
- Choose your industry and then select Next.
- And, then select the fiscal year and then next.
- Select the QB administrator password and then enter Next.
- Now, you have to select the location, where you want to store this company file.
Method 3: Getting back the lost data from ‘QuickBooks Auto recovery’ method.
- First, you have to make the lost transactions by selecting ‘transaction log file’ and a copy company file.
- Recreate the complete data except for last few hours of transactions in company file and transactions log file.
Method 4: Checking for Cryptowall
- In some cases, crypto wall virus or infected software can result in error 6150,1006. To fix this:
- You should go to the Windows start menu.
- And then type File explorer in the search bar, once this opens look for QuickBooks folder in the C: drive.
- Here in, look for files with Decrypt instructions( .txt or .html).
- If you do not find any such file,then everything is fine. And, if you detect such a file, then you will have to contact your Anti-virus provider.
Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
Method 5: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- For using QuickBooks file doctor tool, you need to first launch QuickBooks tool hub in your system. So to begin with,
- Download and install QuickBooks tool hub.
- Once the installation completes, open QuickBooks tool hub from the desktop.
- Select Company file issues. Run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Method 6: Cleaning in the virus
- Move ahead to check the System antivirus, followed by updating antivirus programs like Mcafee.
- Once the antivirus is activated scan the system.
QuickBooks error 6150 which happens due to corrupted company files or due to existence of crypto wall virus can be resolved by restoring the backup of the company file. You can also recover the lost data with the help of QuickBooks auto data recovery.
Hopefully, these methods are helpful in fixing the error 6150, 1006 and if this error is still persistent. You don’t have to worry. QBSsolved is always here to assist you in your queries. You can contact our team of experts at +1(888) 910 1619 and they wil be happy to assist you in your issues.