To fix this error, you can continue with one of the below-mentioned methods.
Solution 1 : Installing QuickBooks using the Administrator Account
Administrator account is, in general, managed by the system technician or the company owner. To fix this:
- First you need to restart your system.
- Sign into the system, using administrator’s username or password.
- You need to install the QuickBooks software.
Solution 2: Installing QuickBooks in selective startup.
- First you need to press windows+R key together, it will open the run command.
- In the run command, dialog box, type ‘msconfig’ and then click on ok.
- Now you have to go to the general tab and then you need to choose the Selective startup & Load system services.
- Select the option of ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ from the service tab.
- Now, select the Disable icon.
- Next you need to uncheck the ‘Hide all the Microsoft services.
- Ensure to choose the option of windows installer and then click on OK.
- Finally, go to the System Configuration window and then Restart the system by selecting the Restart tab.
Solution 3: Installing the QuickBooks using a new window administrator
- You should first create a new window user
- with the help of admin rights.
- Then, install the QuickBooks application.
Solution 4: If you are using QuickBooks desktop in windows 7 which is installed in parallel
- First you will have to sign out of the parallel.
- Then you need to log back into the system.
- Then, reach to the parallel desktop and select the ‘devices’ icon and then click on the Shared folders tab.
- After selecting the ‘Disconnect all’ option, log out of the parallel space.
- Now sign in back and then reinstall the QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Resolving wrong registry subkey.
You need to edit the registry, since the wrong registry can cause serious damage to your device.
We hope that this article would have helped you to fix Error code 1606. However, it may also happen that you may not be able to fix this error. You can call QBSsolved at +1(888) 910 1619 and we will help you to fix this issue.