QuickBooks accounting software is developed to help small and medium sized businesses in their accounting works. It is streamlined to offer on-premises accounting applications and it also provides cloud-based versions which allow its users to accept payment and manage and pay bills. However, like other software, QuickBooks also encounters many errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816.
This error usually occurs when multiple users try to open the company file in single user mode. Error 6190 and 816 are usually flashed with the text ‘QuickBooks was not able to open the file on the host computer. In this article we will help you to fix errors 6190 and 816. But before that we will familiarize you with the reason which causes this error to happen and its symptoms.
What is QuickBooks error 6190 and 816?
When multiple users access the company file in the single user mode, you might encounter QuickBooks error 6190 816, Error 6190, 816 might also be seen when there is discrepancy between the transaction and company files. QuickBooks error 6190, 816 pops up with a message “ QuickBooks was unable to open the file on the host computer”. If you are unable to fix this error just have to make a call to at +1 (888) 910 1619 and our tech team will assist you in fixing this error.
Why does QuickBooks Error 6190 816 occur?
- It may happen when another user tries to open the company while, when it is already in the single user mode.
- There is an update failure which results from updating a file in a different computer before updating the transaction file.
- The company file is not matching with the transaction log file.
- The Data file can be corrupted.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 6190 and 816?
- The active window crashes.
- Window has a sluggish response to the input entered.
- System begins to freeze periodically.
- You can resolve this error by the below-mentioned methods in a hassle-free manner.
What are the ways to get QuickBooks error 6190 and 816?
Method 1: By using the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- First you will have to download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Then, please make sure to update your QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Once this is complete, run the file doctor tool.
- If prompted, please login as administrator.
- There will be two options available on the screen- 1) Network connectivity only 2) Both file damage and network connectivity.
- Out of the two select the first option that is – Network connectivity, as it will detect the corrupted and damaged file and it will fix the QuickBooks Error 6190,816.
- When asked for the password, please enter the admin password.
- It will further ask, if the file is on the workstation or server. Choose accordingly and then proceed further.
Method 2: Fixing the discrepancy.
Usually, it automatically detects the damaged file and repair it. But if the error 6190, 816 is still existing then you can continue to fix the mismatch. It is mandatory that you are using the same computer in which the file is saved. You will have to rename the file as it will prevent loss of data and then follow these steps:
- In the company folder, find the company file.
- Make a right click on the company file and go to the rename option.
- In the same manner, rename the transaction file.
- Then exit from it, open QuickBooks and login to the company file.
Method 3: Checking single user mode
- If you are still facing the issue – QuickBooks Error 6190,816. The, you have to continue with single user mode checking:
- Make sure that all the users are logged out and then just restart the computer.
- Copy your data file anywhere beside the source like in desktop. Then again paste it to its original location.
- Next, you have to sign in to QuickBooks.
Also Read: How to set up QuickBooks Workforce
Method 4: Single-Mode User Check
- Restart your computer system
- Copy data file to any location other than its source.
- Next step is copying the data file one more time to its original location.
- Sign in to QuickBooks.
Method 5: Update QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks .
- Hover to the help menu.
- Click on Update Now.
- Select Mark all from the options tab.
- Click Save.
- Now, reach the Update Now.
- Select Get updates.
Method 6: Updating windows.
To resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816 you must update the windows.
- The windows need to be updated to the latest release.
- Once windows is updated, install QuickBooks again.
If you are still not able to rectify QuickBooks Error 6190,816, then you don’t have to worry. You will just have to make a call to QBSsolved at +1 (888) 910 1619 and our tech team will assist you in fixing this error.