Undoubtedly QuickBooks is the world’s best software for accounting related tasks. From a small organization to big businesses, all of them rely on QuickBooks for efficient management of account related tasks. But there may be instances when QuickBooks might get affected by certain issues and errors. Sometimes you need to undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks.
What is Undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks users can undo the past reconciliation in just one step. If you are using QuickBooks’ online banking reconciliation then it is required that they unreconcile each transaction through a register separately. QuickBooks balance sheet should match with the bank statement or monthly reconciliation. Therefore, undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks is important.
Factors to Undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks:
- Payment might have been recorded for an inaccurate date.
- Any transaction might have been appropriately checked off and it was discovered that it is not cleared yet.
- Bank reconciliation might have been forced and now it might need to be corrected.
- Bank statement date might be incorrect.
How to Undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks?
To Undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks desktop:
- First, reach the banking option from the left menu of the Quickbooks.
- Now, from the top, select the account option.
- Next, move to Register/account history.
- Look for the transaction that needs to be reconciled but it needs to be one at a time.
- Click on the highlight tab on the transaction.
- From the top line of the transaction, tap on R present between the amount and deposit or charge and payment amount.
- Now, click on the field option and it will allow you to change the status of the transaction to the desired status.
- Click on Save. You will see a popup, click yes on the popup.
To Undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks online accountant version:
- First of all, you should click on the Gear icon.
- Now, click on Reconcile under the tools option.
- Again select the bank account for which the reconciliation needs to be unreconciled.
- Now, hover to the reconciliation month that is to be undone.
- Over that time, you will see the UNDO button on the right side of the auto change button.
- Click on UNDO
- Click ok in the popup
To Undo or Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks online:
- Go to the start button.
- Now, from the banking option, choose the Registers option.
- Next, go to the account from the register tab.
- Tap on the transaction that needs to be reconciled.
- Next, you need to delete R at the top of the transaction and it will modify the rank to the unreconciled.
Hopefully, using the steps above you were able to fix Reconciliation in QuickBooks. If you are facing any issues to Reconciliation in QuickBooks, reach out to QBSsolved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our online support will help you.