You might face the issue of multi-user mode not working, when you switch on mode from single-user to multi-user. The possible reason for this issue is Error H202. It may also occur when multi-user mode is not installed properly or it is possible that there is some issue with the QuickBooks hosted version.
QuickBooks Multi-user Mode not working issue can rise due to the one of the listed reasons:
- If the QuickBooks does not recognize the IP address for the system.
- When Anti-virus software does not give access to the system in which company file is saved.
- Window Firewall may block the communication.
- Settings of hosting configuration are wrong.
- .ND files may be damaged or incorrect.
- Permission to open the window files may not be properly set.
- If QuickBooks DBXX service has not started.
Pre-requisites for Fixing ‘Multi-user mode:
Before fixing the Error which occurs due to Multi-user not working-
- Please make sure that QuickBooks Database server is installed.
- Make sure to Install same version of the server manager as of QuickBooks.
- How can you resolve the ‘QuickBooks Multi-user not working Error’:
Solution 1: Configure the default settings
Whenever you enquire this Error, the first step is to configure default setting, configuring to default setting can fix this error to a great extent. These are the steps by which you can configure your system to default settings:
- First, open QuickBooks and select Files from it.
- Next, click on utilities and then select ‘Host Multi-User Access’ from the option.
- Then add the number of users you want to add with the company file.
- If the Multi-User mode is already enabled, then you have to disable this mode.
- At last, you have to create different login credentials for different users.
- Now you can use Multi-user Mode.
Solution 2: Reinstall the QuickBooks Software
- First of all, click on Start.
- Then select Control Panel.
- Next, select QuickBooks from program and features.
- Then click on Uninstall QuickBooks.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, the next step is to download the require version of the QuickBooks.
- After that, you just need to click on ‘Multi-user mode hosting’ and you can now easily use Multi user mode feature of QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Disabling the Host mode on your System
If these methods don’t resolve the issue of Multi-user not working Error. Then you can try this solution
- Firstly, login as system admin in the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Next, select ‘File Menu’ and Open utilities in it.
- Turn off the Multi-user hosting, if you are already accessing it.
- Please ensure that hosting mode is off in all the systems.
Solution 4: Check If QuickBooks services are running properly or Not.
Sometimes QuickBooks services may not work properly which may result in not working of Multi-user mode’. This issue can be resolved by these simple steps:
- First of all, you need to search for ‘Services.msc’ and press Enter.
- In services window, ‘QuickBooksDBXX service will appear.
- Then double click on ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ service. Make sure that the value under the start-up type is set to automatic. And it shows Running or start.
- In recovery tab, select QuickBooksDBXX services for first, second and third failure.
- Repeat step 1-4 for the QBCFMonitorService.
- Start the software in multi-user mode.
Solution 5: Adding your server to ‘Windows hosts file’.
The steps to resolve the issues are following:
- First, open the Windows hosts file.
- After the last IP address listed, insert an input point and then satiate in the server’s IP address.
- Click on Tab key and enter the server name.
- Then go to the File menu and select save option.
- Choose Exit from the same option.
- You shall try to open the Company file now.
Solution 6: Creating a new folder for the Company File of QuickBooks Software
- For creating a new folder, you can follow these steps:
- Create a new shared folder in the host.
- Then, create the access permissions.
- Replicate the .qbwfile to newly created folder.
- Then, rescan the folder having your company file.
- Now you can open the company file.
Solution 7: Open the Network ports that is using the transmit data.
- Check if your window firewall in enabled or not, if it is enabled then add exceptions to window firewall’s exception list.
- Then configure the other firewall or anti-virus software to enable these ports.
Solution 8: Using QuickBooks File doctor tool
If none of the above-mentioned solution work, then you can download QuickBooks Doctor tool. Once you install this tool, it will automatically diagnose and fix QuickBooks related bugs.
Solution 9: Ensure that QuickBooks is able to send the data.
This solution is divided in two steps.
First of all, you need to change the firewall settings as it may be blocking the communication process of QuickBooks. The user has to manually add the exceptions in the firewall port which is used by QuickBooks software for transmitting the data.
- For this, you need to carry out file path testing, to check whether the QuickBooks software I sable to communicate with the server or not. This can be done by following these steps:
- The user has to enter ping (server name) in Run command and then click Enter.
- Then use universal naming convention path from the system, to reach to the shared folder in the server.
- At last, visit QuickBooks company file and ensure that UNC path is used.
Solution 10: Rename the .QBW.TLG and the .QBW.ND
- In this process, first of all you need to open the QuickBooks desktop company file.
- Then press F2 key.
- Next, you have to see for the ‘product information window’.
- You can locate the company file under the ‘File Information” option. In the same folder .TLG and .QBW.ND files can be detected in the same folder.
- Then make a right click on the ‘Files’ and rename them.
Hopefully, these solutions are helpful in resolving the issue you have been facing due to Multi-user mode not working error. QBSsolved always tries to provide you the most correct resolution. Still, if you have any issues regarding anything, you can call us at – +1(888)9101619, and QBSsolved and its team of experts will be happy to assist you.