QuickBooks provides you with many features, printing invoices or bills etc is one of the most essential features of QuickBooks. But sometimes you are likely to encounter printing issues and errors in QuickBooks. This may happen due to missing or corrupted components in QuickBooks. It may also happen due to some issues with your printer or computer.
I will discuss all the causes and solutions associated with QuickBooks printer issues. I have splitted this article into various sections to provide you with the detailed information regarding printer issues.
QuickBooks Printing Problems with Invoices Causes
There can be multiple causes which can result in QuickBooks printing issues. Let us take a look at the most frequent and prominent reasons for occurrence of this error:
- QuickBooks can face some issues, while connecting to the printer.
- QuickBooks may not be connected to Microsoft XPS document writers.
- Due to the damaged QuickBooks component, QuickBooks might not be saving your reports or form in the form of .pdf.
- Due to the sync issue, QuickBooks freezes while saving the pdf.
- Due to an unresponsive XPS port, QuickBooks may freeze.
- XPS printer driver may be missing.
- QuickBooks print command nay route to null.
- QuickBooks may not be converting files to pdf format because of XPS writers.
- Due to communication issues, QuickBooks may not be accepting print commands.
- Some unrecoverable errors may occur while printing QuickBooks desktop for file readability issues.
- The pdf converter error 14982 50172 may have occurred.
- QuickBooks may have encountered pdf converter activation error-20, 30.
- While installing QuickBooks error 1722 or 1801 was ignored.
- No communication of QuickBooks with the company file.
- Printing action might be incomplete due to missing components.
- QuickBooks may be facing print host driver problems.
- QuickBooks might not be able to print directly to the pdf converter.
QuickBooks 2009 printing problem – Computer issues that might be causing
- Printer must be offline or turned off.
- Paper trays must be misaligned or empty.
- QuickBooks printer driver may be nullified.
- Signed in with the windows guest account.
Important things to remember before fixing QuickBooks printer won’t open problem:
- QuickBooks must be updated to the latest release.
- Before resolving the error, the Windows operating system must be updated.
- A correct printer driver must be installed and there should be no connectivity issues between computer and printer.
- Make sure that you are able to print outside QuickBooks
How to Fix QuickBooks W2 Printing Problem
To resolve QuickBooks printing issues, you must follow the below-mentioned steps with utmost care. Before starting with the troubleshooting, it is recommended that you restart your computer once. Once this is done, turn on your printer and continue with the below discussed methods.
Method 1: Checking printer outside QuickBooks.
For checking if the printer is working outside the QuickBooks:
- First, you must open Microsoft Word or notepad.
- Type any text in the open file.
- Then, print on the default printer or you can select another printer from the drop-down list.
- If the file gets printed, then there is no issue with the printer, else you need to fix the issue with the printer.
Method 2: By fixing the Printer issues
- First, shut down your computer as well as your printer.
- Ensure to place the paper properly in the printer tray and check there is no paper jam.
- Also ensure that all the interface cables are properly connected, you can unplug and plug them again from the computer.
- Now, turn on the computer and printer.
- Now, go to the control panel and then select the printer option.
- Select the ‘Use printer online’ option by right-clicking on the printer option in the control panel.
- By double clicking on the respective printer, cancel all the existing print queues.
- Now, try to print a windows test page.
- If the test page print doesn’t work:
- First connect the computer with a different printer.
- Next, you have to download and from the printer manufacturer’s website install the updated printer driver.
- If you encounter an error on the printer’s control panel, then contact your printer’s manufacturer support.
Method 3: By using QuickBooks print and repair tool.
Common printing issues can be fixed by using QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool. After running the print and pdf repair tool, try to print again.
You can also try manual changes, by the below given steps:
- On your computer, locate QBprint.qbp file.
- Now you have to manually rename the file by adding any prefix before the name of the file.
- If you are not able to find the file, please make sure that you have unhide all the hidden files and folders.
- Now, you need to open the QuickBooks & company file, you must be seeing a new qbprint.qbp, which is automatically created.
- Now, you have to open the transaction, which was having the problem while creating Pdf in QuickBooks or printing issues.
- You can now check by trying to print from the QuickBooks sample company file to confirm that the issue is now fixed.
QuickBooks printing problems which arise due to improper paper tray setting or when the printer is off can be resolved by using QuickBooks print and repair tool. You also need to check if the printer is on and the paper tray is aligned properly.
I hope that this article was helpful in resolving printing issues. But, in certain cases you may be stuck, QBS Solved can help you fix these issues. You can call us at +1 (888) 9101619 and our team of experts will assist you to resolve your queries.