QuickBooks is used by a variety of businesses. It is so widely used because of its features and its ease of operation. Its user-friendly interface allows the users to perform their task smoothly on it. Accounting software QuickBooks is used for managing accounting and financial works associated with all small and medium sized businesses. QuickBooks can be used by any one be it an accountant or non-accountant person. But QuickBooks is also affected by certain errors. However, it encounters many errors. In this post we will familiarize you with QuickBooks Error 6130, 0. We will also tell you the reason for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6130, 0 and its symptoms.
What is QuickBooks Error 6130,0?
QuickBooks Error 6130,0 appears due to incomplete QuickBooks installation or when the QuickBooks is corrupt. With the occurrence of this error the active window gets crashed and it does not let you perform your tasks on QuickBooks.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6130,0?
- The active window gets crashed frequently.
- Computer might crash while running through the same window.
- You will see the QuickBooks error 6130, 0 message on the screen.
- System begins to freeze after short intervals.
- The windows run sluggishly.
- Mouse and keyboard inputs work slowly.
What causes QuickBooks error 6130, 0 in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks is corrupt.
- QuickBooks installation is not complete.
- Windows registry is corrupt.
- QBW files might be corrupt.
- Virus attack.
- QB files have been deleted mistakenly.
How to get QuickBooks Error 6130,0 resolved
Solution 1: Repairing windows registry
- Go to the start button.
- Type command and don’t enter.
- Press Ctrl + shift and then enter.
- In the run box, type regedit and enter.
- Type regedit on Run box
- Select Export and save the folder where you need to save them.
- In the file menu, type the backup file and then go to export range.
- Go to the selected branch.
- Click Save.
- The file name will be saved in .reg file extension.
- Backup the QuickBooks related entries.
Solution 2: Malware scan of the computer.
- Malware can be a threat to the system and also to the programs that are present on the system.
- These malicious threats might damage the files of QuickBooks too.
- It is thus required to conduct a full system’s scan and get the harmful malware eliminated from the system.
Solution 3: Disk Cleanup.
- Run the disk clean up by these steps:
- Open the start button.
- Type command and then enter.
- Press CTRL + shift and then enter.
- Click yes on the dialog box.
- Type clean mgr in the run box and then enter.
- It will evacuate the space in the disk which has been occupied by temporary files.
Solution 4: Use windows system restore to undo the changes.
- Go to the start button and then type system restore.
- Click on Enter.
- Make a click on system restore.
- Enter admin passwords and follow the screen steps.
Solution 5: Uninstalling and installing QuickBooks.
- Open the control panel and then move to the programs and features.
- Find QuickBooks error 6130, 0 associated program and then proceed to uninstall QuickBooks.
- Then, install QuickBooks again.
Solution 6: Running windows system file checker (sfc/scannow).
- Go to the start button.
- In the search box, type Command.
- Press the enter button.
- Press Ctrl+Shift and then enter.
- On the permission box, click Yes.
- In the command prompt, type sfc/scannow.
- It will scan the system.
Hopefully, the solutions mentioned above were helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 6130, 0. You can also try restarting database service for QuickBooks and install updates for QuickBooks. For more help to get out of error 6130, 0, reach out to QBS Solved at 1-888-910-1619