Payroll is an important part of any business which is calculated at the end of the financial year. It encompasses all the operations that are associated with salaries or payments that are made to employees. QuickBooks is used to manage payroll services of the businesses. But payroll services in QuickBooks can be hampered by the occurrence of QuickBooks error 15107.
What is QuickBooks error 15107?
It is usually encountered when you try to update the QuickBooks payroll software. There are multiple factors that can contribute to the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 15107. In this article we will elaborate the causes and resolutions for QuickBooks error 15107.
What are the reasons that trigger QuickBooks error 15107?
Before moving to the methods to resolve QuickBooks error 15107 we will discuss the causes for the occurrence of the QuickBooks error. Some of the main reasons for this error to occur are:
- Incorrect internet settings causing Error 15107 in QuickBooks.
- Corruption of important windows files.
- Wrong or incorrect installation of the QuickBooks software.
- There might be issues with the windows registry.
- QuickBooks might not be installed completely.
- There is damage in the payroll file.
- Firewall might result in the disruptions in QuickBooks payroll.
- QuickBooks might not be updated.
Also Read: How to set up QuickBooks Workforce
What are the symptoms of the QuickBooks payroll Error 15107?
Here are some of the symptoms that can help you to recognize the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 15107:
- You will see recurring flashing on the screen.
- System might turn off abruptly.
- Payroll process has stopped and QuickBooks crashes.
- QuickBooks is not able to download the QuickBooks update.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks error 15107?
Let us take a look of some of the methods to resolve QuickBooks error 15107:
Solution 1: Updating QuickBooks.
- Before starting with the process of updating Quickbooks. It is required to exit the Quickbooks.
- Move to Quickbooks XX components from C:/ProgramData/Intuit.
- Now, start QuickBooks and proceed to the help menu.
- Click on Update now and then Click on reset update option.
- Now, click on Get updates.
- Wait for the update process to conclude and then restart the computer.
Method 2: 1Running the Reboot.bat file
- Close all QuickBooks desktop windows.
- Next, you need to right-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Now, select the Properties option.
- Move to the file location and type Reboot in the search box1
- You will see a Reboot.bat file and right click the Run as Admin option.
- Once this is done, restart the computer.
Method 3: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool
- QuickBooks file doctor tool can prove quite helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 15107. For this:
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub and this can be done from the Intuit Website.
- Press Ctrl+J and move to the download folder and follow the steps to install the tool.
- Once the tool is installed, you should open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Move to the company file issues tab.
- Pick Run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Select the Company file
- Scanning of the file might take some time.
Method 4: Use QuickBooks fix my program
- Using Quick fix my program can prove helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 15107. For using quick fix my program:
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- You will see an option of Quick fix my program, select this option.
- Once the tool finishes its task, you need to open the Quickbooks.
Method 5: Perform clean installation of Quickbooks.
- If none of the methods work to resolve QuickBooks error 15107,then try this method:
- Hit win+R and open the run box.
- Type MSCONFIG here, press OK.
- In the system configuration window, go to the general tab.
- Select the Selective startup option and make sure that Load startup item is unchecked.
- Restart the system.
- You should uninstall the QuickBooks from the control panel’ program and features option.
- Once this is done, reinstall the Quickbooks.
Method 7: Installing Digital Signature Certificate
It might have happened that the digital signature certificate required for working on QuickBooks is outdated. For fixing this issue:
- You should access the installed directory of Quickbooks. This can be done by right-clicking the QuickBooks desktop and moving to properties.
- Select the file location.
- In the search box, type QBW32.exe.
- Right-Click the QBW32 and move to the properties option.
- Now, select Intuit and you will see the digital signature option.
- Select the install certificate option from the details option and then to the view certificate option.
- Click NEXT and then Finish on the next step.
Need technical assistance?
I am sure the methods mentioned above were helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 15107, if the error still persists, connect to QuickBooks Support QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619.and we will help you to get rid of QuickBooks error 15107.