QuickBooks Desktop is the most preferred accounting software by entrepreneurs and also by accounting professionals. But like other software, it is also prone to few errors. One such error is QuickBooks crash Com Error. It affects the system as well as its crucial data and usually occurs when Microsoft has some major updates. It affects both small and medium level businesses which are using accounting software.
This issue can be observed as and when the user tries to send any email, invoice, transactions or reports. It can also lead to loss of unsaved data.
A few causes of Crash com error are listed here:
- If the windows or MS-office components are missing.
- Some virus like trojan may be hampering the file.
- Any anti-virus may be interfering with communication process of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks components may have got damaged somehow.
When can this error be witnessed?
This error can be encountered when the user tries to:
- Open the reports in QuickBooks.
- Save something in QuickBooks.
- Open invoices.
- Open the Check the register process.
- Attach any documents in QuickBooks.
QBSsolved has few solutions to resolve this Error. Some of the solutions:
QuickBooks 2016 crash com error when emailing invoice
Solution 1_Users can Make Outlook as a default Mail app
- The user need to go to control panel.
- Select the option of default program.
- Select MS outlook.
- Click OK, to make It default program.
- Solution 2: Adding Email account to outlook
- Select file Menu from MS Outlook.
- Add account to start set-up process.
- Provide the email address and select connect.
- Enter the password for this Email.
- Click OK to finish setup.
Solution 2_ toggle the mail Settings
- Open up the control panel and click on mail.
- Select Microsoft Outlook.
- Then, in the mail setup select show profile.
- Then , you have to select apply on selecting always use this profile tab.
- Always select this profile for toggling the selection back.
- End the process by clicking OK.
- Solution 4: Run QuickBooks on compatibility mode
- First of all, select the QuickBooks icon on the desktop and open QuickBooks option on compatibility mode.
- Select the box in the compatibility mode.
- Then select Windows & from the drop-down list.
- Click on run this program as administrator from the privilege level selection.
Solution 3: Adding New Windows Admin User
- To fix this issue, you need to create a new user form the administrative preferences.
- Next step is to login in to the windows with the new Admin credentials.
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks software and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 4: QuickBooks Desktop and company file fine Tuning
- First of all, you have to open and update the QuickBooks with the latest version.
- Select QuickBooks Manual updates, if there are QuickBooks update errors.
- Then the user has to open and verify the QuickBooks company file and check the data integrity of the company file.
- Then, open the item which encountered the QuickBooks Crash Com error and then try to email it.
- At last, the user needs to try to open certain reports and email it, just to check if the issue is resolved or not.
QuickBooks crash com Error can be fixed by adding a new user from the user tab in the control panel. You can also try to toggle the mail settings to resolve crash com errors. Also you have to set outlook as default mail settings.
QuickBooks Crash com Error can potentially damage the system. However, with the help of above- mentioned solutions your QuickBooks data can be saved. These troubleshooting steps are of great help to resolve Crash com Error. But if this Error continues to bother you. QBSsolved and its team is always there to assist you and make your work easy. You can reach out to us at – +1(888) 910 1619. Our team of experts will be happy to assist you with your issues.