The ‘C’ errors usually occurs in the format –
R# (M==1153, L=133, C=88, V=28 (FFFFFFF4) in the QBWin.log. This error code is more prominent in the older version than in the later version.
This error may occur in the following circumstances:
- When you work on the QuickBooks software.
- When using the authentic data within the company file.
- When there is some issue in the data.
What is the Meaning of the Message component?
- M=1153: It means a module with QuickBooks related to the error.
- L=133: This stands for the line number in which the error has encountered. This shows the details about the program execution.
- C=88: This refers to the specific error code. This error is a C=88 is a result of the data damage.
- V=28: The error message V=28 indicates the technical support & programmer programmer which may be useful to fix this error.
Reasons Behind this QuickBooks error code C=88
- Error code c=88 would have arised due to:
Sudden drop or surge in the power.
- Abnormal shutdown.
- System crash.
- Network interruption.
- Less resources in the network or workstation:
The speed of the processor clock or memory (RAM) or network interface cards.
Error code C=88 may have occurred within the company file.
- The network connection hardware.
Solution 1:By verifying and rebuilding data.
- First of all you need to exit the QuickBooks and then restart the QuickBooks.
- Then reach to the data where the stored.
- Now, you have to reach the Rebuild data in the Utilities and the run it.
- Once this is done, run the Verify data utility to confirm if there are no problems with your data, when the rebuild data utility is complete.
- If the error persists:
- You don’t have to overwrite your current file, you have to create a company file.
- If the error is not occuring, then you have to re-enter the data from the period.
Solution 2: Low resources
- You may be able to resolve the issue which has occured by restarting your workstation and your server. The following these suggestions you may be able to prevent future data damage:
- You need to increase the RAM (memory) of your workstations or your server, the quantity of memory depends on the version of QuickBooks which you are using.
- You can increase the processor clock speed of your workstations.
- You have to make sure that your network interface area is set to car notice or car choose .
- If you have a hub, you need to replace this with a switch that features a one gigabit port for the server and a hundred units of measurement ports for the workstations.
If you still face any issues in fixing this error, visit our website https://www.qbssolved.com or you can call QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our team of technical support will help you to fix this error.