When we talk about accounting software, Quickbooks is the most trusted accounting software being used worldwide by small and medium sized businesses for their accounting and financials works. But like other software, Quickbooks also face certain errors. Quickbooks Error 6147, 0 is one such error which hampers working with the Quickbooks.
What is Quickbooks Error 6147?
Quickbooks Error 6147,0 generally happens when a company file is tried to open. It may also occur when company file backup is being restored.
What are the causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error code 6147, 0?
- The folder in which the company file is located is damaged.
- The name of the company file is too big.
- The firewall might block the connection between two computers.
- There might be damage in the .ND and .TLG files.
What are some of the ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147,0?
Solution 1: Saving your copy of the backup file.
- You have to open the file menu in the Quickbooks and then choose the option of utilities.
- Here you have to check if you get the option to host with multi-user mode, if yes, make a click on Yes.
- It will open a prompt for a company file which is closed.
- You have to restore and also take another backup of the company file from your local backup.
- Make sure that the company file path link is less than or equal to 210 characters and then try to import it.
- Now, you need to send the file via QB data service team.
Solution 2: By trending micro antivirus security for your system/Laptop.
- First of all you have to choose to go to Antivirus settings.
- Now, you have to select to ignore the track.
- You have to ignore the main company file from it.
- You need to hold the Ctrl key and then open Quickbooks and find where your company file is located.
- Next, you need to open the Quickbooks without opening the company data file.
- Press F2 and a pop up will open which will show you the product details and you can see where your company file is located.
Solution 3: Running Rebuild utility tool.
- Reach utilities from the file menu and then go to rebuild data option.
- You will see an option to create a backup of the company file.
- You have to click ok, if you see a message that QuickBooks is not responding.
Hopefully, QuickBooks Error 6147,0 has been fixed. But if the QuickBooks Error 6147,0
Still persists, you can reach out to QBSSolved at +1-888-910-1619.