QuickBooks Error 6000, 304 usually occurs when the user tries to open his company file but there is no enough space in the system. It can also rise when the disk quota is on or the account which runs
QuickBooks reached its quota. This error can cause a lot of inconvenience to the user.
What does QuickBooks Error-6000, 304 looks like?
When you open the company file in the QuickBooks, the following message appears:
‘An error occurred while QuickBooks tried to access the company file. You can try again. If the problem persists, contact technical support.’
The possible causes of QuickBooks Error 6000,304 are:
- Disk space is not enough therefore it is unable to load the company file.
- Probably, the accounting software has now crossed its limits of memory usage.
- Security of the software.
- Suddenly, the system shuts down while the data is still being stored.
- Don’t worry!! This Error can be solved by these solutions:
Solution1: Checking if the device has enough Disk Space:
- First you have to click on my computer.
- Go to the folder in which you have your company file.
- Make a right click on the hard-disk and then open the properties.
- By clicking on the general tab, check for the free space.
- If there is less space, you can move your company file to a different hard disk or you can empty the space in the same disk.
- Next, click on the quota tab, once your hard disk has enough of space.
- Then you have to search for the spotlight at the left side of the screen.
- If spotlight appears red, then disk quota is not available.
- And, if it is green, then the disk quotas are set.
- Next, you must turn the disk Quotas off.
Solution 2: Try repairing the QuickBooks desktop of your system:
- First, you have to go to start.
- Then, open control panel.
- Next, go to the programs.
- Select programs and features.
- There you have to select QuickBooks and uninstall it.
- Then, on the QuickBooks Click on Next.
- Now, click on Repair Tab.
- Then select next and then click on repair.
Solution 3: Uninstall and install your QuickBooks file.
In certain scenarios, it becomes quite critical to uninstall and then again install QuickBooks desktop. Error 6000,304 creates one such situation. It can be done by just these simple steps:
- Click on start.
- Next, go to the control panel.
- Then, Click on programs.
- Next. Make a right click on the QuickBooks icon and then select QuickBooks file.
- Once the process of uninstallation is done, then you have to reinstall the QuickBooks on your desktop.
The Error 6000, 304 can be averted by following these solutions. But if it is still persistent. You can reach QuickBooks at +1 (888) 910 1619 and our tech team will help you to resolve the issues associated with Error 6000, 304 and much more.