QuickBooks premier software has made all financial and account management tasks of the businesses easy. However, certain errors or issues can cause hindrance in the flawless working of the QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 6000, 304 is one of them. QuickBooks Error 6000, 304 usually occurs when the user tries to open his company file but there is not enough space in the system. It can also rise when the disk quota is on or the account which runs. The error results when QuickBooks reaches its quota. This error can cause a lot of inconvenience to the user.
What is QuickBooks error 6000, 304?
It appears while opening the company file in QuickBooks and this happens due to non-availability of disk space or when the disk quotas are turned on.
QuickBooks error 6000, 304 pops up with an error message displaying “An error occurred while accessing the company file”. This message is shown in your QuickBooks desktop.
What does QuickBooks Error code 6000, 304 looks like?
When you open the company file in the QuickBooks, the following message appears:
‘An error occurred while QuickBooks tried to access the company file. You can try again. If the problem persists, contact technical support.’ For technical assistance and get it solved from professional QuickBooks Error support team at 1-888-910-1619.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error code 6000, 304?
- Disk space is not enough therefore it is unable to load the company file.
- Probably, the accounting software has now crossed its limits of memory usage.
- Security of the software.
- Suddenly, the system shuts down while the data is still being stored.
- Don’t worry!! This Error can be solved by these solutions.
What are the ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 304?
Solution1: Checking if the device has enough Disk Space:
- First you have to click on my computer.
- Go to the folder in which you have your company file.
- Make a right click on the hard-disk and then open the properties.
- By clicking on the general tab, check for the free space.
- If there is less space, you can move your company file to a different hard disk or you can empty the space in the same disk.
- Next, click on the quota tab, once your hard disk has enough of space.
- Then you have to search for the spotlight at the left side of the screen.
- If spotlight appears red, then disk quota is not available.
- And, if it is green, then the disk quotas are set.
- Next, you must turn the disk Quotas off.
Solution 2: Try repairing the QuickBooks desktop of your system:
- First, you have to go to start and then, open the control panel.
- Next, go to the programs and Select programs and features.
- There you have to select QuickBooks and uninstall it.
- Then, on the QuickBooks Click on Next and proceed to click on the Repair Tab.
- Then select next and then click on repair.
Solution 3: Uninstall and install your QuickBooks file.
In certain scenarios, it becomes quite critical to uninstall and then again install QuickBooks desktop. Error 6000,304 creates one such situation. It can be done by just these simple steps:
- Click on start.
- Next, go to the control panel.
- Then, Click on programs.
- Next. Make a right click on the QuickBooks icon and then select QuickBooks file.
- Once the process of uninstallation is done, then you have to reinstall the QuickBooks on your desktop.
Solution 4: Rename .nd and .tlg file.
- You can try to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 304 by renaming .ND and .TLG flies. For this:
- You are required to open the folder that has the company file.
- Now, you need to search for company files with the extensions – .ND and .TLG.
- Now, right click these files and go to the rename option.
- Rename the files and you can add .OLD at the end of the name of the file.
Solution 5: Opening sample company file
Opening the sample company file is helpful in checking any issues with the company file. It helps in identifying the damage in the QuickBooks installation files. For opening sample company file:
- Reach the company file and proceed to the sample company file.
- If the file is not opening, it means there is some error.
- You need to repair the QuickBooks software.
The QuickBooks Error code 6000, 304 can be averted by following these solutions. But if it is still persistent. You can reach QuickBooks at +1 (888) 910 1619 and our tech team will help you to resolve the issues associated with Error and much more.