Technology is changing day to day and so are the businesses needs. For this constantly changing business needs QuickBooks always keeps updating its application to the latest release. These updates help in easy accessibility of the QuickBooks. QuickBooks comes up with frequent updates for all its features including QuickBooks payroll updates. But there are times when QuickBooks encounter errors, like QuickBooks Error 15101. QuickBooks Error Code 15101 appears when you update payroll or QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error 15101?
QuickBooks error 15101 appears while updating the payroll or while updating the QuickBooks. Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 15101 would not allow you to perform any task on QuickBooks. This is a runtime error in QuickBooks that is encountered while using QuickBooks premier subscription. Thus, QuickBooks error 15101 is likely to be seen with the error message “Error 15101: When updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll”. Improper Internet settings or LAN settings can be the issues for this error to come up.
Reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 15101
- Some of the main reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 15101 have been discussed below:
- A digital signature which ensures the security of the internet connection may be uninstalled.
- Improper internet settings leads to discrepancy in updating payroll.
- QBWebconnector.exe program which helps in connecting to the Intuit website may not be running properly.
- QuickBooks payroll might not be updated.
- Outdated QuickBooks being used.
- What are the symptoms of the QuickBooks error 15101?
- Here are some of the symptoms of the QuickBooks error 15101:
- Windows OS might get crashed.
- QuickBooks desktop would not respond.
- Inputs from mouse and keyboard is slow.
Also Read: How to set up QuickBooks Workforce
What are the various ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15101?
Here we discuss some of the quick ways to fix the QuickBooks error 15101. Stay tuned to fix the error instantly.
Method 1: By installing a digital signature certificate.
- In the start menu you need to search QBW32.exe, you can also go to its location- C:\\Program Files\Intuit\Quickbooks.
- Now, you have to open the properties option by right clicking on it.
- Proceed to choose the Digital signature tab and select Intuit Inc from the list.
- Reach to the details option and now select View certificate.
- Click the install certificate option and follow the steps on the screen.
Method 2: By rectifying Explorer settings
- Open the Internet explorer.
- Herein you need to go to the Tool tab.
- Now, make a click on Internet options.
- Continue to the Connection tab and then you need to select the LAN settings.
- You need to select the option of Automatically detect settings.
- Ensure to leave the proxy server bank if you are not using a proxy server.
- You have to choose SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and also make sure to uncheck the TLS 1.2 option.
Method 3: Ending QBConnector.exe
- Press Ctrl+shift+Esc and it will open the task manager.
- Here in the task manager go to the processes tab.
- In this tab, search for QBconnector.exe and proceed to end this program by clicking the end process.
Method 4: Run reboot.bat files.
- After running the reboot.bat file you can re-register the .DLL, .OCX and other product files. For this:
- Close QuickBooks application.
- Right -click the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose the properties option.
- Reach the shortcut tab and then select the Open file option.
- Select the reboot.bat file from the list.
- Make a right click on reboot.bat and then choose Run as administrator.
- Click Yes in order to get the user account permission.
- You will get the back window, You need to restart the system.
Method 5: Uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks desktop.
- Open the control panel and move to the programs and features option.
- Select QuickBooks under the list of programs.
- Move ahead to uninstall QuickBooks.
- Now, open the clean install tool.
- Proceed with the clean installation of QuickBooks
Method 6: Checking the internet Explorer Settings.
- You need to open the run window.
- Press window+R followed by typing INET.CPI in the open box.
- Once this is done, traverse to the general tab and select temporary internet files and website files.
- Press Delete and move to the Connections tab.
- Press LAN settings followed by Detect settings.
- Move to the advanced tab and reach the security section.
- You should verify the TLS1.2 and TLS 1.1 options are not selected.
Method 7: Starting system in Safe mode
- You need to tap the F8 key repeatedly and it will open the safe mode networking.
- Select the operating system that is to be restarted.
- Select the login option and move to system admin option.
- Enter the admin password and select Yes when asked to work in safe mode settings.
- Open QuickBooks and redo this process.
Method 8: Change the firewall settings
- Move to the start menu and you need to search for a firewall here.
- Move the advanced option and make a click on Inbound rules followed by selecting the new rule option.
- Hit NEXT in the program option.
- Now, select “This Program Path” from the browse option/
- You need to search and select QuickBooks executable files.
- After hitting NEXT, select Allow the connection option.
- You should be sure that all profiles are selected and then hit NEXT.
- You should create and name the rule.
Perhaps, the methods discussed above are of some help in resolving the QuickBooks error 15101. If the above mentioned solutions are not helpful in fixing QuickBooks Error Code 15101, you can reach out to QuickBooks Support QBS Solved at +1(888) 910 1619.