QuickBooks accounting software is the most famous accounting software which is highly preferred and recommended by the businesses and entrepreneurs over the world. Its amazing features help its users in their accounting and finance tasks, thus making their work more convenient. However, at times QuickBooks come up with few technical glitches and errors. This article discusses QuickBooks error code= 51.
Why does QuickBooks Error Code= 51 occur?
- Well, this error appears on the screen with the notification “QuickBooks is not able to find TxList.file”.
- This error may also happen when you try to get rid of the txList from the txLists list, but QuickBooks is not able to find it.
- It might also occur when you try to remove a transaction file from any report.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error C=51:
- QuickBooks may stop functioning.
- Occurrence of this error can lead to deletion of some important data files.
Before proceeding to fix this error, you must require these file:
- Corrupted QuickBooks data file (.qbw).
- The transaction log file (.TLG in the same folder of .Qbw file).
- Old backup of QB data files.
You can fix Error C=51 by the following methods:
Solution 1: Repairing the data files using rebuild data.
- You are first required to close the QuickBooks.
- WithinQuickBooks, close all the windows.
- Now, open the QuickBooks again and reach to the file menu.
- In this, select the option of Utilities and go to the verify data tab.
- This tool will now look into the issues with the data file.
- Once this step is over, go back to utilities and open Rebuild data option
- Click OK, and this will fix the error.
Solution 2: Using QuickBooks latest release version
- To fix this error, you will have to update your QuickBooks to the latest releases.
- Go to the QuickBooks and in the file menu, go to the updates option.
- See if there are some updates available and download the same.
Solution 3: Restoring the Backup.
- You can create the backup of the file by going to the file.
- You have to select the file and press Ctrl+C.
- Go to the location where you find to save it and click Ctrl+V.
- This will save your file to the new location.
- You need to check with the file size which should not be less than 6MB.
- For this, select the file you have saved and make a right click on it.
- Go to the ‘Properties’ option, here you can check the size of the file.
Solution 4: Using QuickBooks file Doctor tool.
- It is required that you download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- From the downloads list, select this and install with the help of onscreen steps.
- Once installed, run this tool.
- This tool will find the issues with the file and fix it.
Hopefully, your issue is now resolved. If you need more help, reach out to QBSsolved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our team of experts will help you to fix this issue.