Enormous features of QuickBooks like payroll services, generating and sending of invoices, maintaining reports etc. In order to make the working efficient and to adapt to the continuous changes, QuickBooks also keeps on bringing new updates and releases. Despite all these efforts, sometimes QuickBooks encounters several errors. QuickBooks error 1603 is one such error. This error usually happens when you try to open or install QuickBooks on your computer. It happens when QuickBooks require some of the components to run but they are not available as windows or QuickBooks backend damaged or corrupted files issue.
What is QuickBooks Error code 1603?
QuickBooks error 1603 happens due to windows update failure. It appears when you try to open or install QuickBooks and the components which are required by QuickBooks are not available.
What causes Error code 1603?
Most probable reasons for happening of this error are:
- There is some problem with Microsoft .NET framework.
Problems in the .NET framework 3.5 or later can result in occurrence of Error 1603.
- Microsoft MSXML and C++ files may be damaged.
Any kind of damage or corruption in C++ files or MSXML files also causes error 1603 to happen.
- There must be some issues with the windows.
Corrupt windows or failure in downloading or installation of windows can be the reason for this error.
Installation of QuickBooks is not proper.
Error code 1603 can be fixed by the below-mentioned methods.
Method 1: Downloading and Installing QuickBooks Tool hub.
- First of all, it is recommended that you close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Next step is to download the QuickBooks tool hub from the manufacturer’s website.
- Now, you have to reach your download list by pressing CTRL+J.
- From the list of downloads, click on QuickBookstoolhub.exe.
- In order to allow this app to make changes, you need to click on YES.
- Now, click on Next to begin with the installation process.
- Make a click on Finish, once the process of installation is finished.
Method 2: Installing QuickBooks Diagnostic tool.
- From the icon which is now present on desktop, go to the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- You have to now reach to the Installation issue tab and there you have to click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- It might take some time to complete the configuration.
- Once the configuration is done, You have to click on YES so as to accept the license agreement.
- Now, you need to click on Proceed, so that is starts repair of the components of QuickBooks,
- Once this is done, you have to restart your computer.
Method 3: Update the windows
- Go to the start button and reach to the settings.
- Now, you have to click on Update and security.
- From this, select the option of Windows update.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- If there are updates available, it will begin to install automatically.
- Finally, you need to restart your computer once.
Method 4: Manually fixing the Windows component.
- If the above mentioned methods does not fix Error 1603, then you will have to manually fix the components of windows. For this you can reach out to any IT expert or you can also contact Microsoft support for this.
Method 5: Repairing the . NET framework.
- Begin with pressing the Windows+R together from the keyboard.
- This will open a Run pop out on the screen.
- In the run box, you have to type appwiz.cpl and hit OK.
- From the list which appears, select MSXML 6.0 and from the top of the list click on the option of Uninstall.
- From the microsoft website, you have to download the msxml.msi file.
- Once the download is complete, you need to make a double-click on it and follow the on-screen steps to continue.
- Once the installation of MSXML file is complete, you have to install the QuickBooks desktop.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting were helpful in fixing error 1603. But, if you feel that you are stuck somewhere and you need expert assistance, then you can call QBSsloved at +1(888) 910 1619 or you can also visit our website www.QBSsolved.com