Being an amazing financial management accounting software program, it helps you in creating reports for your business, paying invoices to the customers etc. However, at times many users may encounter several errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error code C=184. This happens while you use a company data file or generate a report.
What causes the appearance of Error C=184?
- When use of these files .ND (Network Data) or .TLG (Transaction Log) is damaged.
- It may happen when reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop are not matching due to leap years.
- When QuickBooks is not properly installed.
- QuickBooks is not appropriately installed.
To fix this error, you can follow these steps:
Solution 1: If reports mismatching is causing Error.
- If the error occurs due to difference in leap year, as there are 29 days in Feb and because of which the date of formation of report lies outside the range which is specified by the client.
- It can be corrected by changing the range of date in the reports, this will help you to get rid of this error.
Solution 2: If the QuickBooks Error C=184 is caused by damage in .ND and .TLG files.
- Go to the company file which has been saved to your customers.
- Now, search for the .ND and .TLG files extensions of the data files. You can easily find these files by their names ending .ND and .TLG of their names.
- Make a right click on these files, and then select their ‘rename’ option.
- You have to rename these with the files with the extension .OLD at the end of the file names.
- Once you reformat the names of the files , you need to open the QuickBooks application on your system and then you need to access your company file.
Solution 3: Following the advanced troubleshooting steps.
- First you need to open the company file and then paste it to some other location of the computer.
- After this you will have to change the path of the company file in the application.
- Now, you need to access your company file from the new location where you have saved the file and check whether this error is fixed or not.
- If the error still exists, then you will have to rename this file add .OLD.
- You will also have to change the folder in which the company file is changed, since the folder can also be damaged.
If the error still persists!! Don’t get disappointed! You can reach out to QBSsolved at +1(888) 910 1619 and our team of experts will be happy to assist you.