QuickBooks allows you to connect to your bank to import and categorize transactions. It also allows synchronization with various apps. It allows you to have easy access to dozens of reports and manage your expenses. Its intuitive feature makes it easy for everyone, whether it is an accountant professional or a new beginner. But, you may sometimes face a few errors. One such error which can be encountered by you is Payroll setup error code format- 0000 XXXXX and is known as QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code Format 00000 XXXXX.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code Format 00000 XXXXX?
Payroll Setup Error Code Format 00000 XXXXX error may change depending on its user’s action in payroll. This error appears with the message “Error: QuickBooks Payroll Setup-Error code: XXXXX XXXXX. Or you may encounter unrecoverable errors. The range of errors may vary from 00000 00001 to 0000 99999.
Causes QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code Format 00000 XXXXX
Some of the causes of these unrecoverable errors can be:
- This error may occur when a file name on the vendor list has a special character.
- It may also rise when your employee center’s file name is having special character in it.
- The filename of the timesheet may be having special characters in it.
Some of these error codes are:
- 00002 71328
- 00000 17002
- 00000 38049
- 00000 38772
- 00000 20123
- 00000 40370
- 00000 88703
Some other error codes are:
- 00000 99867
- 00000 88703
- 00000 34289
How can QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code Format 00000 XXXXX be fixed?
- When you see the error message, click on the link- View report link from the error window.
- Once you click on this link, you will be redirected to a new window having a partial view of the failure details.
- Go to the internet explorer and find the ‘Reportheader.xml’ file and open it by double-clicking on the name of the file from the list of the files which appears.
- If, in case you do not find this file, find the location of the file from the window explorer.
- Next, Click Ctrl+F together, and the search box will open.
- In the search box, type Exception string 0.
- The statement which after this, indicates the location of this error. You can now fix this error by making the required changes.
For: Storage category map is invalid for local tax payroll item:
Step 1: Creating an employee withholding report.
- Go to reports followed by employees and payroll options.
- Select Employee withholding.
- Click on customize report and in the column section, remove the checkmarks from the current items.
- After selecting the filter tab, click on Active status.
Step 2: Creating payroll Item listing report.
- In the Employees and payroll tab of reports, select Payroll Item listing.
- Click on Customize report.
- Remove the check marks from all, leaving payroll items and type.
- Click on active status and then OK after selecting the filter tab.
Step 3: Comparing two reports.
- You must compare two reports and then look for local taxes that are not type.
Step 4: Editing Each Employee with a tax item
- Double-click the employee from the employee withholding report and it will open the Edit employee.
- Click Tax in the payroll info tab.
- Click OK.
Step 5: Run Payroll setup again.
- You need to run the payroll setup again.
Hopefully, it has resolved the issues which arise due to payroll setup errors. If in any case, you are unable to fix QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code Format 00000 XXXXX. You don’t have to worry!! QBS Solved can help you in resolving all your issues. Call us instantly at +1(888) 910 1619 and our representative will help you in fixing your issues.