QuickBooks is one of the most significant software for bookkeeping and handling accounts. Given its reliability and accuracy, it is marked as an ideal application for small and mid-sized businesses. Sometimes the software faces errors that are needed to be rectified immediately. Although these can be resolved manually, one must have thorough knowledge about the error, its causes, symptoms etc. One such common issue is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a. Let’s dig deeper to know more about the error.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a is an error that can be witnessed when a user tries to open QuickBooks or any company file. Yet another instance is, when the company file gets corrupted. The error can also be referred to as a run-time error. There are many causal factors responsible for triggering the error. It is quite crucial to understand the root cause behind the error code to decide the right course of action. Let’s check out the most common factors that can cause the error.
Read More:- How to Write off ‘bad debts’ in QuickBooks
Causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
There are many reasons behind the occurrence of Error Code 80029c4a in QuickBooks. The most common reasons are:
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks desktop file/files
- When the company gets corrupted
- When the antivirus marks QB Desktop as infected
- Corruption in Windows registry is yet another most common issue that triggers the error.
- Incomplete Installation of QuickBooks Pro.
- When the QuickBooks component doesn’t respond.
- Missing or damaged DLL files.
Symptoms of Error Code 80029c4a in QuickBooks
Here are a few symptoms that can help you in identifying the error.
- Windows runs slow.
- Frequent Crashes in window programs.
- System “freezes” often
- Collapses in computer system
- Sluggish responses to inputs
- Error message During the program installation.
Read More:- What is QuickBooks Banking Error Code 105
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a like a pro!
Here are few most efficient and simple methods that you can follow to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. In case you face any difficulty, you can immediately take professional help.
Method 1: Update Avast Program and Virus defenderd
- Right click on your Anti virus icon and click on the update option.
- Now you need to hit on a Program tab & make sure to follow the prompts to upgrade your Avast program.
- Now repeat the above steps few times
- Finallyselect your Engine & Virus option.
Method 2: Run the Reboot.bat file
- Close your QuickBooks software.
- In the next step open the folder that you want to reboot.bat file.
- Click on the QuickBooks icon and go to Properties.
- Now single click on Open File Location.
- Right click on the reboot.bat file and click on Run as System Administrator.
- Endure to run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator depending on the windows setting file (bat, reboot or reboot.bat)
- Don’t close the window, and wait for it to automatically shut once the reboot.bat utility is complete.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Method 3: Quarantine the Antivirus Program
Sometimes antivirus programs hinder the path of QuickBooks and stops it from loading the essential files.
- Verify your antivirus program
- One of the most important steps is uninstall & reinstall QuickBooks software. Giving scope for Quickbooks’ smooth functioning.
Method 4: Update your QuickBooks desktop
- Firstly you must Install or Reinstall QuickBooks software/app using clean install.
- In the next step, update the latest version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Now navigate to the File menu and hit Logoff.
- In the next step tap on File & proceed towards Exit.
- Make sure that you are operating as the System Administrator. And that No company is open on your desktop screen.
- Now go to the Help menu option and then select the ‘Update’ option.
- In the next step go to Options and check mark on Mark all button followed by Save button.
- Further you need to Hit on Update now.
- After the update process gets complete and a confirmation message will pop up.
- Now you must press the Alt + F4 keys to close QuickBooks Desktop or simply press ESC key on keyboard.
- Finally restart your computer.
Method 5: conduct a Window Repair
- Begin with closing your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that press on the Windows button, on your keyboard and then go to the Control Panel.
- Now you need to click on Uninstall or change the program option.
- Further, Go to the programs list and select QuickBooks.
- Finally click on Uninstall/Change program.
Now that you have come across all the troubleshooting processes to fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a, it would be a little convenient for you to resolve the technical error manually. If you still fail to use QuickBooks smoothly then it is highly recommended to get in touch with professionals. You get in touch with QBSsolutions whenever your software is facing technical glitches. Our technical assistance is on point and efficiently gets to the conclusion at the earliest. Reach out to us through our official website or call us on the toll-free number.