QuickBooks is a software that provides a smooth gateway to record transactions by entering the processed transaction. While the software is technically advanced, it might face certain technical errors. One such error is QuickBooks error code 3120. It mainly occurs when the transaction you are trying to enter is already present in the record. The most prominent troubleshooting method is resyncing the transactions in
QuickBooks, but it is more of a hit and trial method. To resolve the error it is necessary to understand the error and its causes.
What is QuickBooks Error 3120?
QuickBooks error 3120 is a mapping error that arises when the accounts are not set up correctly in QuickBooks. There are certain key points that you must keep in mind while resolving the error.
- Make sure that the payment that is made by the customer matches with the amount on invoice
- Verify that the actual payment and amount on the invoice match with the amount in the A/R account.
- Don’t forget to run Invoice Query to check whether an invoice with that particular TxnID exists in the database or not.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 3120
To solve any error it is necessary to learn about the potential root causes. There are various reasons that can trigger the QuickBooks Error 3120. Few of the common are mentioned below.
- The error arises when the account is not mapped properly.
- Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks application
- Technical error in the invoice while comparing it to the QuickBooks
- If the data in the QuickBooks company is Damaged
- When the user is asked to shut the rapid inventory.
- The error can also be triggered by removal of initial exchange was removed or any sort of modification in the QuickBooks application
Read Also: Repair Methods For QuickBooks Error 6000,80
How to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3120
Follow the steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error code 3120 in the most convenient way. Let’s begin:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Point of Sale and then select preferences from the ‘File tab’.
- Hit on the Workstation and Navigate to Account Preferences section.
- In the next step, you need to conduct the verification of the selected account to verify that the account you have selected for mapping under Advanced and Basic tabs.
- If the account name is blank, then you must add an account name to resolve the error. As the bank bracket indicates error in account setup
- Further you need to enter the required details in the name section. Now go to the option tab and hit on ‘Save’.
- Now try updating transactions and check if you are still facing the technical error code 3120.
- As the error resolves make sure to activate the Default QuickBooks Mapping option from under the Financial Exchange section of QuickBooks Desktop.
These are a few basic steps that should be followed to eradicate the QuickBooks Error 3120. The steps can be taken manually but I’m case you are facing any obstruction while following the troubleshooting process then you can get in touch with QBS solved.